View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-10-05, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
*BURMP*

Two Hearted Ale, how I love thee.
Bump. I actually came into this thread to see if anyone discussed Two Hearted Ale. Because I just tried some a couple nights ago and I think it was probably the worst beer I'd ever had in my life. It was basically like drinking pine sap.

Of course, I just saw that it was on tap where I was and I thought "what the hell, why not try it out." Last time I ever experiment blindly.

But hey, maybe some of you beer tasters can help me out. So basically, I hate IPAs, and most other beers that are exceptionally bitter, tangy, or sharp. I don't know all the terminology, and I don't understand the flavors that beer gurus use. They name them after various other foods but they have nothing to do with those foods. I mean, a bunch of reviews said Two Hearted Ale was "sugary," and that couldn't be further from the truth - maybe a sweet cider, but a harsh, pine-tasting IPA? Sugary? WTF?

Anyway, I tend to like beers that are really bready, yeasty, or nutty. Not bitter though. Just smooth and full-bodied. It's not something I run into often. I think my favorites have to be Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Moose Drool. They both fit those descriptions well. Anything else in that vein? I want to avoid another experience like I had the other night.