Thread: iCloud
View Single Post
ronmexico

2012-11-24, 13:32

I haven't been very impressed with my limited experience playing with iCloud. The photo sharing has been extremely glitchy. I have had these pseudo folders that I never created that I could only remove if I did a hard reset and turned off the photo sharing feature. You would think that photo management would be a little easier...a little more seamless. Because of these issues just with the photo management I have been leery to try a paid version of iCloud.

I am interested in backing my data up in the cloud. My wife has some photos backed up on Dropbox and she is happy. I see that Google Drive offers a similar feature for less. She doesn't have much music so for her purposes Dropbox works well for photos and files. I have two hard drives full of music totaling around 300GB, most of which I did not acquire from iTunes. I like the idea of the iTunes music match and having additional storage for songs that are not in the iTunes library. Do other cloud services offer a nice music management capability for music that comes from multiple sources? I want to stay in the Apple ecosystem, but I haven't been too impressed with a lot of their software releases over the last few years. I am now looking at alternatives.

Edit: I have been looking and see that there is an Amazon Cloud Player and a Google Play. They would allow me to do essentially what iTunes music match does but it would require a third party app on my devices. Would love to hear if anyone has had some experience with these. I worry that Apple could remove these apps from their store if they get too competitive.

Last edited by ronmexico : 2012-11-25 at 13:15.