View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-09-07, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago View Post
Would it be inconvenient to move it and then set robots.txt to block ALL robots? That way it'd be very difficult for someone to find it. Something like http://www.yourdomain.com/subfolder/...876876327.html which isn't inconvenient if you're got it bookmarked. Might be easier than faffing in .htaccess.
well, I just added a "." to the front of the folder and already have my robots.txt set to prevent good bots from looking. I also had a "sandtrap" in place that would allow bad bots to follow a hidden link that captures their IP and then adds it to a banip.txt file that is then referred to and all blocked IPs are blocked from viewing any pages. Problem is it didn't seem to work right after getting onto my new server. My list is empty and I know it shouldn't be. Now I need to troubleshoot that little issue too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.