Thread: iCloud
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-10-28, 09:28

Find My iWhatever is great. On several occasions with myself and others, it has really saved the day.

It, combined with a passcode and my lock-screen contact info graphic, pretty much allows me to use this stuff worry-free. I know I'm either gonna track it, an honest person has a way to contact me and a snooping dishonest person is locked out. Plus, I've got the ability to remote wipe if I realize retrieval is a lost cause.

I know people who walk around with none of the above in place. I think they're crazy. Do something to help your chances! With Find My iPhone being free and do easy to set up, there's no excuse to at least not do that (and a 4-digit passcode when you're out and about).

These things are high-value targets...the least you can do is make things difficult for any shitheads looking to steal them. Give them a dose of hassle and aggravation on the front-end.

"This device is locked and you're being tracked. You're too stupid to know how to disable either, so why dont you quit while you're ahead and just drop it off at the nearest police station while you still can? You have 20 minutes...".