Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2012-05-24, 14:29

I didn't see this trailer until the last few weeks and my first reaction, not hearing the Ridley Scott part was "I liked that movie better the first time when it was called Alien". Derrr!

It's obviously a prequel regardless of what people might say in advance interviews (to stir online buzz). So many parallels and familiar icons (the horseshoe-shaped ship, the "queen driver" of the ship, the pods, the whole thing. This is a prequel. That said, now that I know it's a prequel and not a horrible ripoff by another director, I am more inclined to pay to watch it.

Hollywood has gone so far off reservation with all their BS formulaic movies and remakes... for every Cohen brothers masterpiece you get literally 15 pieces of crap that are remakes of television shows (Green Hornet, Shaft, Dukes of Hazard, Scooby Fucking Doo, Transformers... ad infinitum), or just plotless pieces of crap built around 3D animation or special effects (John Carter, the 18 movies that ripped off LoTR, etc)... so I wasn't about to go see an Alien ripoff. However if the story is connected and done by the originator, I'm all for it.

I get that Hollywood makes movies for kids and teenagers too and that's cool. But there's a difference between "made for teens" and "completely without vision or originality".

...into the light of a dark black night.