View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-03-11, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post
The way mine works, a phone line is run from the cable modem into the closest wall jack, and that drives all the other phone jacks.

Can also plug a phone directly into the modem, or both at once, it has two phone plugs.
It's more about the back end switching that happens rather than how you connect as the end user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
No offense to anyone who had/has it, but personally I hope Vonage goes away for good. One of the most gimmicky companies to come along since the .bomb era, and full of the same problems. Untested services, rolled out too early to too many people, serious flaws (911 problems, voice quality, et al), poor customer service, and plenty of loud, annoying commercials trying to be hip for the 20-somethings.

One smart decision among many, many stupid ones? The way I hear it from customers the dumbest decision any of them made was signing up for Vonage. Nothing worse than a disingenuous company that comes along, trying to act like they're something new and refreshing, and it's the same ole BS, only not as reliable as the old bullshit. Vonage makes most of the other phone companies look like text book paragons of quality and service.

Vonage is useless.
I don't watch TV so I haven't seen any commercials. I'm sure I would hate them if they are half of what you describe. I have also never experienced and issues with call quality, customer service or anything else you listed. I'm not meaning to be contrary, just to point out it isn't nearly as bad as you indicate. I have never been concerned about the 911 issue either. Though they (Vonage) have always been upfront about using a different system than POTS lines.

As for useless. Where else can you get international calling for $25 a month flat rate? I can take my VoIP adapter where ever I go and still get phones calls at my number, this includes overseas. Emailed voicemail really helps too because you can listen to the messages from anywhere you get your email. Same with bill management and service changes. In other words, a truly portable service for flat rates. How is this useless?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.