View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-04-06, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majost View Post
I did Vonage for a year. My personal favorite feature that I used every day: Email voice mail.

Individual voicemails, tagged by phone number, sent to my email address. Brilliant!
My house loves Vonage. The forwarding after "x" seconds of ringing option is perfect for us. We can change the time online just so people don't think we are avoiding them. (Even though we never answer one of the lines. It's only there for my Ex-bitch to have a valid contact number for the daughter she donated an egg to.)

Good news for Vonage according to C|Net!
Quote:
Vonage said late Friday that a federal appeals court has temporarily lifted an injunction granted earlier in the day that prohibited the Internet phone company from adding new customers.

In a morning hearing that lasted about an hour, U.S. District Judge Claude Hilton in Alexandria, Va. ordered Vonage not to accept any new customers while it continues to infringe on Verizon Communications patents covering some aspects of Internet phone calls.

"We just got word from (the court) that they gave us a temporary stay until they hear our request for our permanent stay" on Hilton's order, Vonage spokeswoman Brooke Schulz told CNET News.com.

Schulz said the company filed for the emergency reprieve during mid-afternoon on Friday, just hours after Hilton's order.
It does seem low to just cut the company off. Make them pay out the wazoo, but don't cut them off. People like me are depending on their service. I think the earlier ruling knew that was going to happen though, otherwise he wouldn't have told them to appeal the decision.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.