View Single Post
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-11-21, 08:56

I was just at IGN now checking out what games are coming out on the Nintendo DS since I am thinking about getting one. I found Ridge Racer. I love racing games and one i saw the graphics of the DS game i was like wow, ps1 graphics on a portable!! amazing i want it!!

a few minutes later i go to the PSP page also on ign and i see screenshots of the PSP version of ridge racer.

what a fucking big difference!!

so will the DS succeed? i doubt, i think it will another virtual boy. the second screen isnt that special. the stylus i doubt will be practical and the graphics.. well compared to the GBA SP they are cool, but compared to the PSP they are so 90's..

the games? PSP's line up sounds a lot more interesting with large PS2 franchises moving to PSP. The DS lineup is similar to the gamecubes... crap (no offence to anyone.. i own a gamecube myself and not a ps2).

the only advantage i see in the DS is the battery life. perfect for travelling... but then i only travel once a year so for me i would rather get a short battery life but better graphics.

here is the DS version

here is the PSP version

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's