View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-03-07, 18:30

Hey, I know everyone's tingling over the new iPad but take note: Apple is now selling the refurb 16GB iPad 2 for $349! That's $70 less than the $419 they were going for yesterday. With the new iPad 2 now going for $399, I knew any refurbs would have to drop down well below that after today's announcement.

Here you go.

Take note: the refurb iPads from Apple come with new shells and battery, which are the very two things I'd most want on such a device. It should look nice, and you'll get a nice new battery too. That's a great deal. You'd pay $499 for a new one yesterday...there's $150 saved.

Quote:
All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.
I was telling my sister to wait until today (she was interested in the 2), and it paid off.

Which leads me to a question...will this new iPhoto perform decently on the iPad 2? It's okay on my iPhone 4, but there is a bit of lag with certain functions. I know the new iPad has the newer chip and quad-core graphics, but how much of that is needed simply for the 4x pixel driving and iPhoto for iOS on a 1024x768 iPad wouldn't be nearly as demanding or taxing?