Thread: iCloud
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-02, 21:23

So my iPhone just got worse and worse. It was up to 10.6GB this afternoon after I disabled backing up all the apps. There was no reason in the world my storage should be so high.

I called AppleCare and I have to tell you that was the worse customer service call I've ever had. Worthless doesn't describe it. I got better support from Verizon. Really. Basically the guy said I needed to see a Genius to figure out what was going on, oh and pay for AppleCare since my 90 days are up.

My wife wanted to go to Gymboree and so I set an appointment to head to the Apple Store. They are at the same mall in Norfolk so away we went. I love the Apple Store App because I didn't need to go to any blue shirt to check in, I did it from my Apple Store App! I played on an iPad until a roving Genius came by and chatted with me.

By the time I was showing him the storage need had jumped to 11GB. He was stumped and so he took it back to some other Genius in the back. They couldn't figure out why the number had climbed and seemed to keep climbing. So I was sent home to do a backup and restore.

So now I'm doing just that. I'll let you know how it works out...after all 37GB gets restored on it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2012-04-03 at 06:30.