Thread: iPhone 2012 ;)
View Single Post
¡Damned!

2012-06-06, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Careful with generalizations like that. The "bare-knuckled bucket of does" crowd will gravitate to oversized phones. I have a buddy who is a mechanical engineer, he loves to get his hands dirty with this type of stuff. He got a Galaxy Nexus a few months ago and claims to love it. I personally think that it is way too big, but the fact that it has a 4.65" screen, a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and a gig of RAM is why he bought it. When phone searching he literally just went for the biggest numbers he could find.

I don't think that's a very good mentality for buying something as important as your phone (number one thing I look for in a smartphone? fewest headaches possible, which throws Android right out the window) but there is a market for it.
My brother has one of those things they advertise as a hybrid Tablet/Phone.... I forget what they're called. He's always trying to goad me on how much better Android is and how he can do anything I can do on my phone. UNTIL I see him taking a call and trying to message anyone.

"Do you really need two hands to take a phone call? What are you doing? Are you surfing with two hands? What is that thing? Why don't you carry it in your pocket?" (he carries it in his upper shirt pocket because it can't fit in his pants)

I love him dearly, but he's totally in the fray. We were shopping the other day and I grabbed a Kindle Fire, held it up to my ear, "Hello? Hello! That's what you look like, putz."

So it goes.