View Single Post
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-11-22, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenut
what is the purpose of a portable gaming system if battery life does not mean anything to you?

and I have a feeling, that, eventhough you think it wont be annoying, that when you're PSP dies in 3-5 hours.... you'll be pretty pissed and get pretty tired of it quickly.

I respect Nintendo for trying to innovate and develop new ways of gaming. Sony is going more of the typical raw power route. I think Nintendo will come out on top pretty easily here. Although I will never buy one as long as they are as big as they are now and I still consider the DS's battery life too short

The purpose of portable gaming for me is that i can play with the PSP while i am in bed, while i am at work, while i am waiting for my wife at the dentist. Just to pass time in places where i dont have my xbox and 34inch tv with me. I do not need 18 hours of battery, although it would be convinient. i dont remember the last time i charged my gameboy sp, like 4 or 5 months ago maybe or longer and it still hasnt given me the low battery light.

in any case if i need longer battery life i got my sp.. and my game & watches to play with onthe plane

i swear, if you play mario bros when stoned you could play for hours and enjoy every second of it.

for those of you who think Nintendo always come up with good ideas... u must have forgotten about the virtual boy!!

I think the Sega Nomad was the best portable video game system of its time. If only the battery life with that wasnt so terrible or if it only had built in rechargable batteries it would have been cool. It played all sega genesis games, u could plus the sytem to the tv and play there, u could even plug in a second controller and play 2 player games. that was a cool system.

Lynx was also cool but i got the gamegear back then. my friend had the lynx and i used to love playing california games.

ps: i will probably be getting the nintendo ds anyway just because its not expensive and i love video games.. the SP is too small for my hands and if i can play Metroid on the DS on a brighter screen with better speakers and a more comfortable fit into my hands, then i am happy.

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's

Last edited by usurp : 2004-11-22 at 00:34.