View Single Post
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-11-21, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenut
what is the purpose of a portable gaming system if battery life does not mean anything to you?

and I have a feeling, that, eventhough you think it wont be annoying, that when you're PSP dies in 3-5 hours.... you'll be pretty pissed and get pretty tired of it quickly.

I respect Nintendo for trying to innovate and develop new ways of gaming. Sony is going more of the typical raw power route. I think Nintendo will come out on top pretty easily here. Although I will never buy one as long as they are as big as they are now and I still consider the DS's battery life too short
It's easier to release a Mk II PSP with better battery life than it is to redo the DS and make it a decent gaming platform... The two small screens are a limiting factor. You can't put them together and make one seamless big screen, but you can vice-versa with the PSP. The DS is less about innovation than it is about appealing to younger kids (as usual) and old, old fanboys who remember playing the Game & Watch double-screen handhelds.