View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2012-04-25, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
Do you have clown pockets?
Clearly, there are only two ways to carry a tablet. One: either in your pants or shirt pocket. Two: a device bag that one only carries around when they want to bring a device. If only there was a category of bag that's with a large group of people basically all the time and that 7" devices would be ideally sized to fit in.

Oh, wait, there is.

I'm sorry, I missed the fact that size and weight only matters in the context of how men carry devices, because clearly women don't ever purchase electronics. Newsflash, dudes: women buy ereaders and tablets. Women carry purses. Women carry purses all the fucking time. I just went into my common room to do a very informal study. There are 8 purses* there. 7 of them can fit a Kindle or Nook, while only 1 of them can fit an iPad. I would wager this holds true for a larger number of purses.

Look, I'm not saying Apple will or won't make a 7" device. I honestly don't care if they do. I don't think I'm qualified to comment on whether or not the tradeoffs made to make a 7" model that fits in more places is "worth it" for Apple, because I don't know what Apple considers worth it. All I'm saying is, some people are not shutting up about "7" won't fit in a pocket", but there are more things to carry one in than pockets, and 7" would fit in them.

*(9 purses for 3.5 females, how the fuck does that even work, holy shit why do you need more than one)

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder