Thread: iPad-Mini Rumor
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-04-20, 17:10

Okay, that's fine. But so what?!

If Apple can do it and it makes business sense to them, and if they're sitting on data that shows there is a demand, what's the problem?!

I'm not dismissing it outright. Others here are, based on no more real, solid info or scenarios than those who believe it's possible they might want to fill other sizes and/or price ranges in time...as they've done with several of their other products over the years.

This is all I've ever said. If. If.

Gruber says they have that prototype in their labs. I believe him*. And if they've done this much, they're obviously considering or tinkering with the idea. Someone at Apple, with enough pull to make it happen, has deemed it "worth investigating". I know a lot of things never leave the drawing board or labs (in any company), but I believe it exists and they're trying to figure it out...which is part of the process. But something made them think "let's build one...", you know? Some research or a bunch of requests/questions, etc.

Others haven't succeeded because they're built on shitball OSes that nobody knows what to do with (or if/when they can ever be updated from the time you purchase one of these things), cheap hardware and derivative, "us too!" designs that miss the mark, along with a lack of quality, thriving apps (and a place/way to easily get them) and a sense of "wow, this really has some momentum and purpose". And from my few experiences with some of these other tablets, responsiveness and clean, intuitive design are sorely lacking (once you've had prime rib, it's tough to go back to ground beef). Does anyone here think those are problems Apple struggles with?

*He doesn't do "rumors" and, curmudgeonly a-hole that he can be, he doesn't engage in attention-getting hyperbole or link/hit bait...he's opinionated (and needlessly abrasive at times) but he's not a cheeseball who'll just say anything, like some of these dipshit analysts and lesser writers on the scene (who he often mocks for engaging in that very thing). But if he, Jim Dalrymple or Andy Ihnatko say something, I usually bank on it.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2012-04-20 at 17:25.