Thread: iPhone 2012 ;)
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-05-23, 12:55

The latest, from what's-his-name...

He makes some good points. I still think a taller 4" iPhone that changes nothing on the horizontal is what we'll see. Because he's right...you don't want the device size to change. It's really nice and damn-near perfect now. But if the screen itself can grow, sure.

For the record, I was never opposed to a "bigger screen iPhone", if - if - the device itself doesn't grow to a ridiculous Pop Tart-sized thing like some of these other phones we sometimes laugh at. After almost five years, I've got a certain feel that I like...and would like maintained.

There is space in the upper and lower parts of the iPhone to expand this a bit (and if the phone itself had to grown in any dimension, vertically is way less disruptive than horizontally...if it's a half-inch or so taller, big deal. It'll still feel the same when you hold it in your hand for all the vertically-oriented things you do like talking and so forth). And when you're in horizontal mode (games, etc.), you're using two hands at that point anyway, so what's the problem?