View Single Post
arteggio

2012-06-03, 09:06

So much yellow and green! (It must be summer or something.) The late entry is fine. I thought about extending the contest a bit because I'm traveling myself and couldn't post last night.

GSpotter: The depth of field is superb, and I love that it blurs out all of that brilliant yellow and the sky in the midground and beyond. I was thinking about this with Dorian's photo and the black at the bottom of my orange one which I wish I had gotten less of.

Dorian and PB: I really like the greens, with both the black (and some white) rippling into the water and the strip trailing the field, which gives some depth to the foreground.

Chinney: Although your first photo is less adherent to a single expression of color, I really like it. It captures brown, yellow, and green, and the whiteness from the knives and book, and the black from the vase and container. It's neat how the celery stalks are grades of light green but capture grades of light yellow from the lighting.

As for that last minute entry, I declare turtle's photo the winner of this contest. It's a novel contrast to the summer palette, and I like the way the monstrous ship protrudes from the darkness (the top and bottom of the frame are nearly the same hue) with accents of orange, a strip of blue, and a spot of green. 

I wouldn't have minded some more of the rainbow represented, but I like all of these photos. It's intriguing to see what little bits of color creeped into, framed, or highlighted the the dominant color since other colors were inevitable.