Thread: iPad-Mini Rumor
View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2012-04-25, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
News flash. Men also have "purses" and ours our bigger.
{image}
How do you think I carry around my iPad? So, once again, 7" is no more pocketable than a 10". Works both ways. If I'm going anywhere that I will have time to use my tablet, I bring it with me.
I don't see how you aren't proving my first point. What I get from your response is that you bring your bag when you have time to use your tablet, which is the usage case I referenced when I said "when they want to bring a device", but you don't bring your device bag if you don't plan on using your device. In contrast, people who carry purses generally carry purses as a day-to-day thing, and are rarely without their purse. Look at the difference between these situations:

-Person A's bag is with them all the time. A can fit a tablet in their bag. A's tablet is therefore with them all the time.
-Person B does not have a bag they carry every day. B has a tablet bag, which B carries when they want to use their tablet.

A and B go to the store via a train. An unexpected occurrence happens! The train system has crapped itself and there's now a 45 minute wait for the next one. B was only going to the store and didn't bring their bag, therefore B has no device with them. A, however, has a daily bag, therefore A has their device and can do some reading.

This is the fundamental difference between a "purse" and a device bag like a briefcase or tablet case. a 7" device that fits in a purse has the opportunity to constantly be around in a way that a device that requires a separate bag for that one use doesn't have.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder