View Single Post
Koodari
Veteran Member

2004-11-21, 16:57

Nintendo is the Apple of consoles. They do their thing, compete with original style and consistent quality and leave the rest of the market to the competitors. Nintendo doesn't exactly fill the market in here, but in Japan they're huge. Nintendo is what I'd buy for kids, and I might still end up getting a GC for myself if I see one cheap enough. XBox I would never buy for games, but I could make a media center PC out of one.

Forgot to add why the above is relevant to thread: I think Nintendo will once again totally dominate the handheld market. Their game making philosophy works even better there than it does on normal consoles. PSP in particular will prove pretty unsuccessful, since they choose to sacrifice portability. I don't foresee a Nintendo handheld killer anytime soon; it'll probably be a mobile phone (so that people can rationalize slightly poorer gaming experience than with Nintendo, and yet buy the machine) but the gaming side can't be an afterthought, it must be really good. N-gage doesn't cut it.

Last edited by Koodari : 2004-11-21 at 17:03.