User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Vista-- some specific problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Vista-- some specific problems
GladToBeHere

2006-05-29, 12:48

Found this on the MiniMSFT blog and thought others might like to see a rather thorough and specific critique of some of the problems in the Vista beta. Seems like they really have their work cut out for them-- there are a ton of problems and inconsistencies (and this is only one guy's feedback). Interesting to see how all this pans out...

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/24/...ista-feedback/

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/28/...ista-mistakes/
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-05-29, 16:28

Vista is still beta. But it should have been finished years ago. There will be major problems when it's released. I imagine there will be angry people too. Has microsoft said if Vista will be compatible with older apps?


julesstoop
Veteran Member

2006-05-29, 17:04

Ensuring compatibility with older apps is exactly one of the reasons it's taking Microsoft so long to release Vista. (this and mismanagement)
EmC

2006-05-29, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesstoop
Ensuring compatibility with older apps is exactly one of the reasons it's taking Microsoft so long to release Vista. (this and mismanagement)

Exactly, at some point MS needs to be able to drop support for older programs. For the longest time my mother refused to use anything except WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS. Windows will never be able to "get better" until they can change things that will break older programs.

What Adobe Updater‽ What‽ What‽ WHAT‽
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-05-29, 23:07

I'm confused- I thought I saw a press release or something stating that Mircosoft intends to break backward compatiblity in Vista...
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-05-29, 23:16

The more I hear about Vista, the more it seems like "XP service pack 3".

Common, I was actually lookin forward to using Vista at school, but now our district has dumped that idea after looking at the reccomended specs. Geez...

M$ has already lost, we just don't know it yet.