PC Computer Cases (Mid & Full ATX)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
PC Computer Cases (Mid & Full ATX)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

Send a message via AIM to turtle Send a message via Yahoo to turtle  
Old 2011-12-28, 22:57

So what are the cases you guys are using? I've been using a Thermaltake V9 Black and the fact is it just completely sucks. The large fans aren't a "standard" size and have failed on me yet again. This makes my fourth round of replacing them. I can't stand this fact. I used to like them, but at this point I won't buy another Thermaltake product. This video is from mid-2010. The nice part of this was at least I knew the fan was going. This time I discovered the fans (both top and side case) weren't working because my computer wasn't working right. What do you know, my over-clocked, air cooled computer didn't like the heat!

So I'm done with them. I know some have mentioned Antec but I want to see what cases people like out there. I ended up going with one that has a little flash just because I can. This is for my Hackintosh, Beast. I was going to get a more Mac looking case but figured I might as well go for something that's a little on the flashy side.

NZXT Crafted Series

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle is offline   quote
Eugene
Beneficiary

Old 2011-12-28, 23:46

If I had to pick a case today, it would probably be an Antec P280. It's huge, but I want a case that will have plenty of room for large video cards and extra space behind the side-panel to hide cables.

Something smaller, but in the same style would be the Fractal Define R3.

My current case is a Silverstone FT-02

"your post tagline/signature is lame. I'm disappointed, you are usually better than that." -Brave Ulysses
Eugene is offline   quote
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
Old 2011-12-29, 07:47

I've got the Antec P183. I like it and it's big enough to hold lots of internal drives and big video cards.
torifile is offline   quote
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

Old 2012-01-03, 21:44

I got my case in today and Beast now resides in it. I love this case. Great cable management and air flow with stock set of fans. I just orders two new fans to all to it though and I should be set. I also ordered a 2m LED light string. I couldn't resist. I think this case looks awesome personally and it has room on top of that. I'll post pics of it when I get my new parts in and running.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

Old 2012-02-08, 22:09

Took the time tonight to install the 200mm side panel fan and 120mm front panel fan. Also got a string of LED lighting too. I very much like. So not Apple.

I love my new case. Shame I had to install an old molex lead off of the PSU just to run the lights though. Next up to replace the blue LED fan for a matching green one.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via MSN to PB PM Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
Old 2012-02-08, 22:33

Throw in a GPU with a Black PBC and your set.
PB PM is offline   quote
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

Old 2012-02-08, 22:38

Yeah, I thought of that too... this one is getting old...

Oh wait, I want a 5D.
Eugene
Beneficiary

Old 2012-03-17, 22:26

New case, physically smaller PSU, dual water loop with a single pump and single reservoir.

Eugene is offline   quote
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

Old 2012-03-17, 23:35

Cool. I'm still thinking about water cooling for Beast but haven't made that leap. Could be nice to have it on my graphics, but just haven't made the just.

I keep wondering if the toning breaks of leaks with all that gear...