User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Henge Docks
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

Send a message via AIM to Yontsey Send a message via Skype™ to Yontsey 
2012-03-27, 15:03

Has anyone here every used a Henge Dock? I was thinking about getting one and a monitor for my work desk so I could clear up room on my desk and have more room to work without my MBP in the middle. It seems like a neat idea for fast docking and undocking and seems fairly easy and straight forward to setup. All the cables are ran up from the bottom of the dock and they are set in place by set screws. Just figured I'd ask here for some first hand experience.

Here's a link to the site: http://hengedocks.com/

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Matsu
Veteran Member

2012-03-27, 16:54

Depends on your MBP and display vintage. If you're plugging in via thunderbolt and replicating all your ports at the display, then I like the arc stand better.

http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookarc/

SpecMode
Bloody hell

2012-03-27, 17:29

Given that I use my (non-Thunderbolt) 27" iMac as an external display for my 17" MBP, and have to mess with everything plugged into it every time I need to take the MBP with me to school, the Henge Dock actually looks pretty awesome. Will definitely have to look into getting one of those.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

Send a message via AIM to Yontsey Send a message via Skype™ to Yontsey 
2012-03-27, 20:12

I don't have a Thunderbolt model. It'd be nice to have the quick plug and go feature instead of having to hook up cables each time. I'm trying to find someone who's used it but not have any luck yet (I haven't looked too hard though either).

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2012-03-27, 21:04

I've seen it in person. Works pretty much as expected but I wasn't impressed enough to buy one.
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2012-03-27, 22:03

I have one, but I got so frustrated trying to get it to work with my 15" MBP that I gave up until I have time to dive back into it again.

It is definitely not plug and play.