User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Mac logo?
tonyw50

2006-04-07, 22:59

Wouldn't its 30th anniversary be a good time for Apple Computer to rename the company and replace the Apple logo with a Mac logo? Only a few products have "Apple" in their names - Apple Remote, AppleCare and Apple Cinema Displays. It already owns the mac.com domain name. It could probably negotiate a good settlement with the Beatles' Apple Corps to give it the apple.com domain name after, say, three years. Is this a crazy idea or what?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-04-07, 23:02

Yes, it's a crazy idea. Crazy terrible.

When you have one of the most recognized and fastest growing brands in the world, one that has decades more history than some other today, you don't just go and throw that away. You can't put a price on name/brand recognition. It has immeasurable value.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RichieB

2006-04-07, 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyw50
Is this a crazy idea or what?
Your idea is certainly not "what".
WrestleEwe

Send a message via Skype™ to WrestleEwe 
2006-04-08, 00:54

Well, I have always said; there are far to little x's in Apple. Maybe they should change to AxxppleXX, sounds waaay cooler!11!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-04-08, 13:54

Yeah, I gotta go with Brad here. The Apple brand is too great to abandon. In fact, the "Mac" logo has been surprisingly absent as of late - the "X" logo for OS X has sorta replaced it. Which is sad, because the Mac logo is very clever.

But no, Apple is not going to rename themselves "Mac" any time soon. Apple's most popular products aren't Macs, anyway - they're iPods.

I was kinda hoping Apple would bring back the old-school rainbow Apple logo for their anniversary...but a name change? That's ridiculous.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong