Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

USB Inkjet Printer Sharing - Printer Specific Controls

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
USB Inkjet Printer Sharing - Printer Specific Controls
kafelatte

2004-07-28, 11:14

Hi,
Is there a way to get at printer specific features for an inkjet shared from one Panther Mac to another? Specifically Epson, any model. The default prints at low resolution. I need to choose resolution (paper) and color settings. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit in "show info", and it is already defines as the correct model, but the print d-box lacks the additional specs.
Maybe the other mac's (where the printer is connected) "default" can be set to the desired settings?
Thanks.
stevlena

2009-06-18, 05:08

Is a laser printer or an inkjet printer better for printing mailing labels (Avery style labels)? I have to buy a printer...it needs to be a normal printer that can handle usual office needs, so normally I'd just buy a decent laser printer - but I'll have to use it to print a lot of Avery mailing labels as well, so is there an advantage to buying an inkjet instead? Thanks.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-06-18, 08:00

I'm not aware of any problems printing mailing labels on most laser printers. Trouble printing labels usually comes from operator error or problems with the software you're using. As far as the printer is concerned, it's just another page.

By the way, you can start a new thread by clicking the "Forum Tools" link at the top right corner of the topic list in any forum, then click "Post a New Thread." You don't have to (and shouldn't) resurrect five-year-old threads to ask a question.

Welcome to AppleNova.