Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Mini, regular iPod, back to mini...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Mini, regular iPod, back to mini...
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-03, 21:53

I bought an iPod mini back when they were announced in January, I loved it! I ran with it and I used it the way it was meant to be used. Then I got thinking that I wanted the capacity of a full sized iPod. Big mistake. Try running with that thing, it's just not the same.

So, I sold my iPod to my dad of all people. Basically I didnt really sell it to him, he took it and let me order a mini. That way he can give my mom the 20 GB 4G iPod I had, for her birthday in November. She won't know a thing. She's really wanted an iPod so she can use it when she goes on walks and to play music off of, within the house, through speakers. She wants it to keep all of her classical music, and also play it through mounted speakers while guests are at the house. It seems perfect for her, especially since classical tracks can be long, and the 20 GB will be capable for that.

I ordered a silver iPod mini with the dock and armband, which equals the total of the 4G iPod I had. Now I'll be running with music again, and I dont really have to sweat the "limited" music library, as I can just randomize the playlists and switch up the content.

Finally, I think I'll be happy with my portable music situation....for the time being.

EDIT: Amazingly enough the ETA is 3 weeks, the same that it was a long time ago. Hopefully the new manufacturer can help to speed the production of these things along.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

Last edited by Messiahtosh : 2004-09-03 at 22:01.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-09-03, 21:57

Dude, I hesitate to say this, but you're almost worse than Murbot. But at least Murbot does it for all the right reasons
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-03, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
Dude, I hesitate to say this, but you're almost worse than Murbot. But at least Murbot does it for all the right reasons
You have to find what you're happy with. And if it doesnt cost me any extra money to do so, I'm all for it.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-09-03, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
You have to find what you're happy with. And if it doesnt cost me any extra money to do so, I'm all for it.
I meant that in the nicest way
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-03, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
I meant that in the nicest way
the iPod was nice, a complete luxury...but I felt like a soccer mom behind the wheel of an Escalade.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-09-03, 23:10

my new toy...giving the 15 gig 3g ipod to my eldest

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-04, 00:06

nice g - I think I'm going to succumb and ask for a blue iPod mini for my b'day. I know I've been trying to hold out until a colour screen model eventuated, but I rationalise it by the fact that we are moving to China and were advised that it was best we rip our CDs to iTunes and use the iPod to listen to them, rather than carry over our CD collection as luggage.

I don't care about the 4G limit, it is the form factor that impresses me most - and besides, you should be able to drop whatever songs you like on those babies shouldn't you? You can change your song collection every week or so if you wanted to couldn't you?

... mind you, I still wait in hope for a colour iPod!

All I want is a simple life
twitter

Last edited by Mac+ : 2004-09-04 at 00:07. Reason: typos
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-09-04, 01:00

You tried running?

hoHOHohhashohshfgjsdjf I'm beside myself.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-04, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
You tried running?

hoHOHohhashohshfgjsdjf I'm beside myself.
I'm probably one of the most physically fit people here.
stoo

2004-09-04, 05:51

I'e been thinking about getting an iPod Mini for running. On the other hand, I may injure myself if Eye of the Tiger gets played at the six mile stage.
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2004-09-04, 09:45

Quote:
And yet the chicks dig me. Go figure.
trailmaster308

2004-09-04, 10:36

Quote:
Key pharse "one of"
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-04, 10:42

That's a cool iPod, gelding. I didn't realize there was kinda a "sparkle" texture to them, close up. Not "sparkle", but a little zing to them? Nice.

I can make out your phone number, but don't worry...I'm not gonna call.

I was also thinking about possibly "downgrading" to an iPod mini from my 3G 15GB. I like it and its iconic, "recognize it from across the street" vibe, but I think I could just do some sort of random shuffle thing (or make several, always changing "driving", "walking", "going to sleep", etc. playlists and load those.

The few times I've held an iPod mini, I was so impressed by how little and light it was. I'd probably take it with me more. I'm interested in the silver or green one. Although that ThinkSecret story from a month or so ago - mentioning yellow, purple and orange - kinda has me intrigued.

If an orange iPod mini, with, say 6GB made an appearance in the next several months, yeah...no question. I'd do it in a heartbeat, no questions asked. Any iPod is cool though. I love how I'm listening to music so much these days.

That thing I won from Griffin, the Roadtrip, should be here any day now, and it's supposed to hold 3G, 4G and iPod minis, so I'd be fine no matter what route I took in the coming months. I'll have a nice in-car solution that'll come in really handy because I tend to go nuts in autumn and take TONS of aimless weekend drives all over the Southeast. It's so pretty here in the fall!