User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

New iPhone Features Soon! (Update: Oops, maybe not.)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
New iPhone Features Soon! (Update: Oops, maybe not.)
Buffalo
Formerly “Oyarses”

2007-12-16, 13:52

I just saw an iPhone ad where "Katie Bell" call the iPhone at the end and, not only does it have a new ringtone but it also doesn't show the large contact picture. Instead of the contact picture taking up the entire screen, it shows Katie's picture in the upper right hand corner next to her name!

"A witty saying proves nothing." -Voltaire
"I hate quotations." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-12-16, 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
I just saw an iPhone ad where "Katie Bell" call the iPhone at the end and, not only does it have a new ringtone but it also doesn't show the large contact picture. Instead of the contact picture taking up the entire screen, it shows Katie's picture in the upper right hand corner next to her name!
Doesn't it already do that? The picture only takes up the whole screen if you assign a picture to a contact in the phone. If it loads a picture from Address Book during a sync, it is next to the name.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Buffalo
Formerly “Oyarses”

2007-12-16, 14:01

Really? Um, okay. My bad. I don't use Address Book.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-12-16, 14:39

Seriously, two Thursdays or so ago, there was an article at MacRumors about a soon-to-come software update, featuring voice notes (I've been asking for that since day one) and some other enhancements. The story even said something like "arriving as soon as this weekend" (which would've been Saturday/Sunday, December 8/9).

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/12/06/...-mode-support/

It never arrived.

But maybe there is an update in the wings, and we'll get it this week? I'd love to be able to click a button and record quick little voice memos ("Car is parked in the third row to the right of the entrance, halfway up...shields" . Here lately, I'll come out of a store or movie theater and I'm just in a complete fog, trying to find my car. I constantly forget where I park...

dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-12-16, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I'd love to be able to click a button and record quick little voice memos ("Car is parked in the third row to the right of the entrance, halfway up..."
Here something for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aomyzSkn7QM

Probably the worst acting ever !
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-12-16, 14:46

Ha, yeah I've seen that on TV (and the acting is awful, no doubt, but it's an accurate depiction of me in the Target parking lot on any given Saturday; there's no way to do that "looking for your lost car" thing gracefully, or with any coolness...anyone who sees you knows exactly what you're up to, and that you're an absent-minded doofus).

The scary thing is, I seriously considered getting one! But I figured the iPhone would add this feature at some point, so I'm just waiting...

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-12-16, 15:15

Oh, no! *puts hands on head* Where did I park my car?

I remember that commercial too.

I'm sure you can only record one clip on it at a time (maybe that's why they give you two ), so I hope "reading chapters six and seven by Friday" is the only assignment that student has all week. And if she's in high-school, I hope she's prepared for the relentless mocking that will ensue.

But my favorite part, hands down, is when the lady plays back "Don't forget to call!" at the end and picks up the phone. She looks like she's never used a telephone before.

I love bad infomercials.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong