Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
WWDC rumors - crickets?
Page 7 of 7 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7]  Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-06-15, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Yeah, I play Smurf Village and Dragonvale (don't judge me )
Oh, I'm judging, alright.

Chinney
Veteran Member

2016-06-16, 08:21

I have to admit that after all of this time, I don't know what Game Center is. I do play some games on my iPad, and I think that I probably registered with Game Center at one point (or maybe one of my kids did it for me), but I could not tell you what my userid is (assuming that there is such a thing under Game Center) or what the registration does.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2016-06-16, 15:57

Unless you change it the user name is your Apple ID by default. Cannot say I've used Game Centre either, but I know some games on iOS, and macOS are tied into it. Cannot say I'm sad to see it go, since it used to cause a bunch of games on my Mac to hang until the developer released an update to remove support.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2016-06-16, 16:51

Got my SE set up today it's all nice and new and shiny, and REALLY DANG FAST

Good thing I use iCloud, since my 4S fried without any way to access it, so everything downloaded, and then I spent ages just opening every app to allow camera/mic/location/whatever access
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-06-17, 22:26

So I put my AppleTV in dark mode tonight and there is a glaring issue with it right now. It's easy to fix, but man is it a pain sitting 20' away from the TV and trying to read the black writing on the dark background:

If all you want to do is look at the album art then you won't have a problem with dark mode as it is now. Also, sadly Siri can't change the mode for you, just take you to Settings where you then navigate to the setting.

The new Apple TV remote is nice too though. It is very familiar if you are used to the new remote. It even has a "controller" mode:

I haven't bothered playing games with it yet but it looks like it will be much easier.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-06-17, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So I put my AppleTV in dark mode tonight and there is a glaring issue with it right now. It's easy to fix, but man is it a pain sitting 20' away from the TV and trying to read the black writing on the dark background:

If all you want to do is look at the album art then you won't have a problem with dark mode as it is now. Also, sadly Siri can't change the mode for you, just take you to Settings where you then navigate to the setting.

Well, that's thinking things through. Did anyone at Apple actually try to use this in the dark?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-06-17, 22:56

Phil slightly closed the blinds in his office.

But I read somewhere that there's going to be a state-of-the-art 10x10 window-less room at the new spaceship campus for just such testing. Or maybe it was a janitor closet?

I don't know.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-06-17, 23:42

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-06-18, 18:40

Yeah, that wasn't thought out at all was it. If you are previewing it on a monitor 20" away from you then I would understand how you might not notice it. When you stand close to the TV you can read it just fine. I'm guessing most of us don't sit that close to their TVs though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-06-19, 09:18

Skimming through the keynote, I think I saw Merlin Mann in the audience.

So they just open WWDC attendance up to anyone now, huh?

I thought it was for people who actually did/created/contributed stuff?*

Is he a developer now? What software will he not get around to finishing, I wonder?

Let me guess...a productivity/time-management app.

*Apologies to any "fans", but producing rambling, unlistenable and full-of-shit podcasts doesn't (or shouldn't) meet the requirement. But he seems to have fleeced/blinded enough folks in the hipster/techie community (who seem to think he's some sort of all-knowing, insightful guru, and hang on his every, never-get-to-the-point word), so I guess he can write his own ticket in certain circles at this point.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-06-19, 11:48

He's not a podcaster, he's a journalist.