User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Get fit with us! Join Team AppleNova on Fitocracy!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Get fit with us! Join Team AppleNova on Fitocracy!
Page 6 of 6 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6]  Thread Tools
adamb
Formerly “adambrennan”

2013-05-06, 16:17

Another bump!

Marathon complete today! Needless to say I'm never running again, not even to catch a bus. Next on my agenda is a little cycle up Alpe D'huez a day before the pros tackle it (twice) in the Tour de France. Should be a pretty good experience.
AWR
Veteran Member

2013-05-07, 08:52

Good stuff adamb! Congrats on the marathon, and the Alp d'Huez is an epic journey in an adventurer's log. You'll stay around for the following day, I hope, swarmed by drunk Dutch and Belgians, for the race itself? (Just re-read your post....the climb is done twice in this year's tdf? Whoah, never heard of that!)

I've just signed up for this 54km mountain bike rally on June 2 at CERN, open and FREE to anyone at all: http://passeport-big-bang.web.cern.ch/en/programme

It kicks off an interesting open-house month of tours of CERN should anyone have frequent-flier miles they want to burn: http://passeport-big-bang.web.cern.ch/en/programme
adamb
Formerly “adambrennan”

2013-05-07, 16:33

Thanks

Yea, I was reasonably certain that pro cyclists are insane and I think that proves it! I'll be there watching the following day, and somewhere along the route in Paris for the final stage as well.

The big-bang cycle looks like fun too, unfortunately I'm lacking the airmiles and a mountain bike
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2013-05-21, 13:16

I re-discovered last week how much I hate sit-ups and that my perfect push-ups are in need of replacement.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2013-05-21, 15:47

In all seriousness, if you guys want to see some serious health notes... watch this. You'll look at every gimmicky diet you've ever heard of differently. Historical context FTW.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/279734

...into the light of a dark black night.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2013-05-24, 14:42

I've been on a strict regiment of doing the elliptical at high resistance for 45 minutes 5+ times a week for almost the last 2 months. So far I'm down 20+lbs. I also do some free weight lifting. I decided recently to remodel a room in my house to make it a gym. I hope to have that done shortly. I'm also planning on putting in a Bowflex full gym to go with my free weights, and elliptical and other workout equipment. I'm going to put in a tv so I don't have to stare at the iPad all the time. My goal is to drop another 20-30lbs.

I have my best friends wedding at the end of August and then me and some buddies are going to Vegas in October for our 30th birthdays and I want to be in the greatest shape of my life. After my girlfriend and I broke up a few months back, I've had nothing but time on my hand and have been saving a shit ton of money so I figured why not reinvest it back into myself and try and get into amazing shape. So far I feel amazing and am starting to see results which is the biggest motivator of them all.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey