Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-03, 20:03

On...off...on....off.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-03-03, 20:04

Brad wants to dispose of us like a sack full of unwanted guinea pigs.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2012-03-03, 20:12

HUh? It's working for me....
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-06, 00:35

It just went down for me.

Never mind, back up.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-14, 22:58

Server is currently down, as apparently is also SSH. So, I can't get in for the moment...

edit: and www (http://mc.applenova.com) is down too. Looks like the whole thing is tanked!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-14, 22:58

You're not the only cowpoke what can't get in.

Everybody goes to bed early tonight.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-14, 23:09

Wait, I thought you took it down on purpose...no?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-14, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Wait, I thought you took it down on purpose...no?
Almost, but not quite! The server actually cut out before I had a chance to work my planned magic (was going to switch us over to Bukkit). I had an SSH session open in my terminal and it all just went belly up before I had a chance to really do anything.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-14, 23:20

Oooh, not good.

I think maybe a baby Turtle chewed through the cable.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-14, 23:25

FWIW, I was going to update to Bukkit to see if I might have a shot at setting up a Creative Day soon by configuring the permissions so Turtle or I don't have to be around to manually assign/unassign the creative mode. This weekend is probably out of the picture (I actually have to be at work on Saturday), but some time next week or the following weekend (Saturday 24th?) should be go for launch!

On a related note, the automatic drop-clearing plugin has long been abandoned and is completely broken with the recent Bukkit builds. So, like I did with WorldWarp, this evening I wrote a new plugin from scratch.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-15, 06:20

So my network is back up. Not sure why it went down but rebooted the components between Lenny and Verizon and all is well now. Sorry for the long down time, I was in bed when I got the text and didn't even hear it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-15, 07:44

Thanks, T! I'll give the Bukkit upgrade another shot later tonight.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-15, 15:57

Router had to be rebooted again after getting home. Looking bad for this current router software.

PM me if you are unable to pull up the web site at http://mc.applenova.com and can't see the game server. I get emailed PM notifications. Also going to look at setting up an email alias for texting me. I'll keep y'all posted on that.

Sorry for your downtime guys. This new router set up is supposed to make things better.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-15, 17:20

So I set up an alias. Please do not abuse it as it does send a text to my phone. I'm doing this so it can minimize downtime for you guys. Of course I'm sure there will be times when I get messages from more than one person, but if you do message me for an outage please post here so it will minimize repeated notifications.

mc at (My former username) dot com

Obviously, if this gets abused it will go away. Let me know if you have any questions via PM.

¡Damned!

2012-03-18, 21:44

"Broken Pipe" .... so there's that. ? PM sent.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-18, 21:55

Yeah, seem like the router just cut the connection. It was still up, but not letting data through. Rebooted. Sorry for the boot guys.

I'm looking into new router software now. Seems this option wasn't a good one. This is actually the second reboot today.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-03-19, 17:56

Server just went down. Guessing more of the same error?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-19, 17:58

Yep, router needed reboot. Sorry guys. Looking for a replacement now. It's back up. Down time under 2 minutes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-03-19, 18:17

Yeah, I got back on briefly.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-20, 22:35

Barf. Tis off again.

I emailed the alias, let's see if it works!
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-03-20, 22:37

I was on my way to finding that diamond again. phooey

edit: It's back on!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-20, 22:41

It's back. Sorry 'bout this. Still working to get a solid replacement.

It was the email alias that worked. Due to the drop I didn't get notice from this thread. Thanks for using it. Really, at least I could get it back up with only 11 minutes of downtime.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-21, 09:33

My wife just informed me the router is down again. It will be rebooted when she gets back home since I'm at work. I'm going to get the old router in place some time tonight. Expect down time again after 5pm while I make the switch.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-21, 16:16

Old router is ready to go back in. Once we get clear from who's on now it's coming down. I hope to keep down time under 20 minutes. 5 is my dream.

Edit: That's starting now!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-21, 16:53

We are live again. Please let me know if there are any other issues.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-25, 21:11

Nooooooooo
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-25, 21:12

Sorry. It was me.

Router did a reboot with no warning. And this is the old more stable one. We are live again.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-04-09, 23:20

whaaargarbl
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-09, 23:30

Sorry guys, my Internet is down right now. working to get it back up if it's in my power to do so.