Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Boris V: The Stomp

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Boris V: The Stomp
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-09, 00:53

My favorite character, an insane high school sociology teacher!

http://web.mac.com/chrisd7/iWeb/Site/Movie.html

Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2006-05-09, 01:25

Conversation in Text Edit. Hehe

Glad I live Far, far away.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-09, 01:25

Holy carp. I had that same sociology book for a class I took two years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sociology.jpg (6.4 KB, 133 views)

eventhorizon

2006-05-09, 04:41

Curb Stomping Is Teh Funnay!

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Nothing to spoil here. Move along.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-09, 08:12

The dialogue from the picnic scene on:

Boris: So, Rob, ah, I know that you're pretty into Sociology. You IMed me, you said you love it, you can't wait to do it, you're Borisfan1. Which Sociologist do you like the best?

Rob Soloman: I mean, well I can't say I know as much about Sociology as you...

Boris: Well, you couldn't!

Rob Soloman: I really like Weber, I think he's incredible

Boris: Weber? What about Milgram? I like Milgram.

Rob Soloman: I don't know, I'm still going to have to go with Weber. I think Milgram is a little bit crazy.

Boris: Crazy? Stanley Milgram, crazy?

Rob Soloman: I don't know...uh...maybe you could teach me more?

Boris: I'll show you an experiment later at lunch about Stanley Milgram...

PICNIC SCENE

Boris: We're here, this is it! We're gonna have a picnic, I brought some nice supplies. I took your brothers to this spot years ago. This was the foundation of the original Boris homestead.

Rob: Can I help you with anything?

Boris: Sure, spread this out nice and big-like!

Rob: Anything else?

Boris: Ahhh wait..one more thing here, we can put up this...UV rays, can't be too careful these days...you know what they're saying about that!

Rob: I always wear sunscreen...

Boris: Well, that's good. Wow look at that, this whole thing has turned different since I last seen it. We're gonna have a nice meal..don't worry about that! Sit down, I put it in my briefcase...I'll be right back I need to get one more thing from the car, huhhuh...

Rob: Okay.

Boris: Hey Rob, I'm gonna just show you something here. This is an antique I got from the 60's...it's the same Carcano that Oswald used.

Rob: Wow. Oh wow.

Boris: Yeah!

Rob: Is that loaded?

Boris: Yep, yeah it is, fully loaded.

hahaha omg

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

eventhorizon

2006-05-09, 16:48

Do we need some special decoder ring to find the humor?

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-05-09, 17:08

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one without a decoder ring.

*phew*

eventhorizon

2006-05-09, 17:29

Maybe if you overdose on Muscle Milk it changes your brain chemistry enough to find this funny.

ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2006-05-09, 17:33

Honestly Chris; Christ, that was the most annoying movie clip I've ever watched. I sat through the whole thing because I figured you were going somewhere.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-05-09, 17:35

I kind of figured you would have learned by now ast3r3x.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-09, 17:44

I stopped after 30 seconds. My eyes are still mad at me for those 30 seconds though.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-09, 18:25

Interestingly enough, I would find this to be humorous if I stumbled upon it, online.

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-05-09, 18:42

I've laughed at a good amount of your other weird shit, but interestingly enough, I found zero humour in this.

Well I did smile at the "I love apples but love cocaine even more" or whatever line, but that's it. I don't even know why but I did. Maybe it's because all cocaine jokes are funny to me, because my subconscious is going "cocaine is a hell of a drug" and flashing me images of Rick James, bitch.

I got about halfway through. It's all I could bother to watch.

*shrug*

ast3r3x

2006-05-09, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
Interestingly enough, I would find this to be humorous if I stumbled upon it, online.
Well it's just it didn't set it up at all, just jumped right in, and didn't have a point. That combined with the fact that I was so horribly annoyed by the sounds the guy was making, just did it in for me. Plus…what's what getting shot 6 times and not dying? It's just violence but not funny violence (yeah that sounds bad )

I'm still trying to figure out why boris was driving two different cars, heading home from college, and going into the woods. But I was also bothered by the hard shots not being shown. The curbing, putting the bodies into the trunk, it just shot away to a second or two after. Plus I've never seen anyone act like that on blow. I almost thought you were trying to be like hunter s thompson at the beginning, but I quickly decided that wasn't it.

I never endorsed your other videos, but this was just bad IMHO. Besides the little things that bothered me, it just didn't have a point, and didn't give any information…who is this guy, why is he weird, why are you showing this to us? (not literally YOU showing it to us)

Edit: Plus who sticks their face in coke, you want to get it up inside, that's how it works

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-05-09, 19:37

Someone gets shot?

Jesus, I better watch it again. When I have nothing better to do. Errr... better bookmark this thread, it might be a while.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-09, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
Well it's just it didn't set it up at all, just jumped right in, and didn't have a point. That combined with the fact that I was so horribly annoyed by the sounds the guy was making, just did it in for me. Plus…what's what getting shot 6 times and not dying? It's just violence but not funny violence (yeah that sounds bad )

I'm still trying to figure out why boris was driving two different cars, heading home from college, and going into the woods. But I was also bothered by the hard shots not being shown. The curbing, putting the bodies into the trunk, it just shot away to a second or two after. Plus I've never seen anyone act like that on blow. I almost thought you were trying to be like hunter s thompson at the beginning, but I quickly decided that wasn't it.

I never endorsed your other videos, but this was just bad IMHO. Besides the little things that bothered me, it just didn't have a point, and didn't give any information…who is this guy, why is he weird, why are you showing this to us? (not literally YOU showing it to us)

Edit: Plus who sticks their face in coke, you want to get it up inside, that's how it works
In case you hadn't noticed, it's Boris V, which means there were 4 others....

This one will really help you understand who he is. I went into his classroom, dressed as him and took over his classroom.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/students...ge7/page7.html

Watch IV

Also, as ridiculous as it may be, Boris actually likes these videos. He has seen every single one and he enjoys them and says that I "do a hell of a job with the impression."

Go figure>>>>>He is crazy.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

ast3r3x

2006-05-09, 21:33

Makes slightly more sense now, but it still seems like your video is an exageration about a personal thing almost. I'm assuming that is where you went to high school and you had him as a teacher?

He didn't seem extremely amused with you interrupting his class for one thing, but the main thing is he was YOUR teacher *I guess*. It's like me making a character about Mr. Hess (my high school physics teacher). Does that mean anything to you? You can't laugh at a character based on someone you don't know because you don't know the intricacies about them.

I'd imagine this is really funny to you and your friends, but for everyone else it's just an inside joke that leaves us with our heads askew and brows furrowed.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-09, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
Makes slightly more sense now, but it still seems like your video is an exageration about a personal thing almost. I'm assuming that is where you went to high school and you had him as a teacher?

He didn't seem extremely amused with you interrupting his class for one thing, but the main thing is he was YOUR teacher *I guess*. It's like me making a character about Mr. Hess (my high school physics teacher). Does that mean anything to you? You can't laugh at a character based on someone you don't know because you don't know the intricacies about them.

I'd imagine this is really funny to you and your friends, but for everyone else it's just an inside joke that leaves us with our heads askew and brows furrowed.
Basically, all you need to know is that he teaches sociology, is stuck in the 70s, drinks and drives, and is in general, a wild man. How can that not be a universally appealing character?

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2006-05-09, 21:43

Quote:
Basically, all you need to know is that he teaches sociology, is stuck in the 70s, drinks and drives, and is in general, a wild man. How can that not be a universally appealing character?
I have no clue, but you managed.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-05-09, 21:45

Wow, I just read this thread and guess what... I predicted what it would be about perfectly!

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-09, 21:46

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-09, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
Wow, I just read this thread and guess what... I predicted what it would be about perfectly!
Amazing! I could have predicted the same outcome too. Oh well, that's AppleNova.

ast3r3x

2006-05-10, 05:04

Quote:
I think it was because there was no point, it made no sense, and the character was annoying as sin.

If you and your friends think it's funny, I'd say congradulations, but as always your premiere at AN wasn't met with warm reviews.

All in all, I understand what you were trying to do, but don't feel it went across well because, well like I said, made no sense, and nwo I definitely think it was because we didn't have the background on this character. At least if it was an exaggeration of one of our beloved teachers (honestly many of my high school teachers wouldn't need exaggerating ) it would be funny.

Heh, I had photoshop open, and I'm up before 6am because I went to bed early. I guess I have time on my hands, what can I say?

Edit: yes I spelled comedy wrong…before someone points it out

Last edited by ast3r3x : 2006-05-10 at 08:32.

eventhorizon

2006-05-10, 06:31

Quote:
Amazing! I could have predicted the same outcome too. Oh well, that's AppleNova.
Applenova: Finding unfunny things unfunny since May 2004.

AsLan^
Not a tame lion...

2006-05-10, 06:35

I don't think it was so bad, there are far worse ways to spend your time than making movies with your friends.

eventhorizon

2006-05-10, 06:45

Yes, you could spend your time making bad movies with your friends.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-05-10, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventhorizon
Applenova: Finding unfunny things unfunny since May 2004.
My Barry Bonds bit blows away anything you have ever done, comically. Or Wild Child. Or Hate Crime. Or I Can't Get No Segregation. Or Bomb Squad. Or When Life Hands You a Dick.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-05-10, 11:57

Well, you're modest about it all at least.

However, when you have to go and point it out (and "hard-sell it" to such a degree), it does lose some of its natural, "like it on its own merits" charm...

On a related note: are we stuck in some sort of freaky AN repeater loop? I know this has to be at least the twentieth version of this particular scenario:

1. Chris makes something he finds funny (video, audio, etc.)
2. Many here simply don't see the humor, for better or worse
3. Chris goes into hype/selling overdrive to convince everyone it's great, and that by "not getting it" the problem lies with us.

Chris, if we went to your school and attended your same classes and knew this fella and saw all his quirks with our own eyes, if might ring a bit funnier. It's a bit distant and "in-jokey", that's all.

Doesn't mean you're a bad person. Just quit beating people over the head - again - because you're not hailed as the second coming of [insert favorite comedic genius here].

What do you want?!?

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2006-05-10 at 12:02.

eventhorizon

2006-05-10, 12:15

Quote:
My Barry Bonds bit blows away anything you have ever done, comically. Or Wild Child. Or Hate Crime. Or I Can't Get No Segregation. Or Bomb Squad. Or When Life Hands You a Dick.
What's the difference between Bob Saget and Messiah?
Spoiler (click to toggle):
One constantly makes jokes that nobody aside from himself finds the least bit amusing and the other is Bob Saget.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2006-05-10, 12:39

And on that note this thread is dead.