Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

My review of the iMac G5.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
My review of the iMac G5.
Quagmire
meh

2004-09-16, 16:42

Just got home from the apple store. They just got both the 17" and 20" imac G5's this morning. The 20" imac wasn't ready to be played with. They didn't get the software installed yet(that they wanted on there).

Ok, here is my review. For using it for 1 hour I can say it is the best imac yet. The computer screams even with the 256 MB of ram in it. But, average Joe won't notice. The viewing angles are ok. The horizontial angles are great. But, the vertical angles are crap. The imac G5 is really that quiet. I can't even hear the HD spinning when I put my ears near it.( The store wasn't that noisy) The ports on the back are really make imac have a clean look. The cables were neatly put throught the hole and attatched. You only need 1 finger to tilt the computer back and forth. The aluminum stand is heavy so it makes the imac really sturdy. If I got mad at it and wanted to hit it,( like I ever will) it won't even budge. The extra space below the screens don't look that bad as people think. Sure the 20" looks better then the 17" because of the space below but, really it doesn't make the computer look ugly. The plastic does get a little hot but, not as much as my 12" Powerbook G4. Even cooler then the ibooks there. The speakers were good. Better then the mt 12" pbook. It is definatly louder on each level I set the sound to. It does lose the base though. The only things that does suck about the imac G5 is the 5200 and the 256 MB of ram. But, that is because my uses require more. But, the average Joe will not care for the extra ram. If I had the money to buy it I would buy it in a half of a heart beat. In my opinion after looking at the imac G5 they are as good(maybe even better) then the imac G4's design.

giggity

Last edited by Quagmire : 2004-09-16 at 19:20. Reason: adding opinionj on speakers
Neø

Send a message via AIM to Neø  
2004-09-16, 17:24

does it have a DVD burner in it?
sounds so darn nice, that i want to go out and buy it ...

...but i'm stuck here with my broken Blueberry slot-loading...
...i mean i don't have the $500 to buy all the parts i need to fix the thing...

-Neø

I don't consider myself an offensive guy. I am just a harmless lovable little fuzzball.
-Rush Limbaugh
kscherer
Which way is up?

2004-09-17, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neø
does it have a DVD burner in it?
sounds so darn nice, that i want to go out and buy it ...

...but i'm stuck here with my broken Blueberry slot-loading...
...i mean i don't have the $500 to buy all the parts i need to fix the thing...

-Neø
Uhh, maybe I can help:

www.macofalltrades.com

<$500 will get you a new one!