User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Apple adds "Ipod Companions" to their Google Ad Words account

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple adds "Ipod Companions" to their Google Ad Words account
ryanonroam

2006-01-08, 15:33

Everyone has heard about the new "Ipod Companions" that may or may not be revealed this week. I've been searching for ("ipod companions" with quotes) in Google over the past few weeks and starting today the Official Ipod Store @ Apple.com came up as the top sponsored link highlighted in baby blue.

If you search for "ipod companion" the sponsored link does not come up. It appears that they have added the keyword "Ipod Companions" to their Google Ad Words account.

Could this mean that they are preparing for a new product line release in the coming week??
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-01-08, 15:38

FYI: it's iPod, not Ipod.
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2006-01-08, 15:42

iN aPple's wOrld that's how it is.

Anywho, on "iPod companions"..yeah, big possibility. The more I think about it the more I don't see a new shuffle coming....

Jebus Google, just buy Apple already...
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-01-08, 17:18

Wow, we're getting weird with our MW speculation sources.. lol

Leaked photos of fake devices on elevators, icon files buried within foreign language .app bundles, and now hidden Google search terms..
evil_robot_ted

2006-01-08, 18:13

I thought the other thread about the sponsored Google ad (when you search for 'iPod Companions') was interesting, though farfetched. but you'd think if there was anything big behind that tidbit, Apple would have also leased 'ipod Companion' (with no "s"), but that doesn't turn up.

regardless, that made me think of some old rumors and the design of the Nano. remember the gossip of an iPod camera? and an iPod phone? well, what if the flash drive and the screen of the Nano provided the GUTS to such devices, and you could swap out additional cases to convert your Nano into a phone or a camera? the screen could provide the viewfinder - all you would need is a snap-on lens. the power supply might be too weak for all the moving parts, though. and any Apple phone product still seems ridiculous.

again, that's a long shot - and i'm certain it wouldn't catch on (that'd be a $300+ phone). but that's what i envisioned with the "iPod Companions" phrase, if there is anything behind that.

but then again - thinking about the word "companions" some more - maybe they're thinking about adding wireless functions, allowing people to stream music from nearby users?

too much thought.
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2006-01-08, 18:16

Two out of three were right...Make it three out of four maybe soon.

I see merge threads soon...what the heck is a spitballing?
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-01-08, 18:44

Well, just 2 more days and the speculation is over.
ZachPruckowski

2006-01-08, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_robot_ted
again, that's a long shot - and i'm certain it wouldn't catch on (that'd be a $300+ phone). but that's what i envisioned with the "iPod Companions" phrase, if there is anything behind that.
Phone price is not a big deal. Cell Phone service providers sell them at a several hundred dollar loss ($100 for my low-end one) in order to get you on a massive contract (2 years or so). Dialing with the Nano's little circle pad could be tough though.