User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

MacBook with a broken screen and iffy optical drive - what's it worth?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MacBook with a broken screen and iffy optical drive - what's it worth?
rampancy

2009-10-29, 13:43

I've tried posing this question over on the ehMac forums, but I haven't gotten any replies - help me, AppleNovans, you're my only hope!

The long and the short of it is that a friend of mine has agreed to sell/give me his broken MacBook (Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB hard drive) - the screen is shattered because he tripped and accidentally headbutted it, and the optical drive is a little unreliable. He's not sure if I should give him any money for it, but he is a good friend and I'd like to give him something fair for it.

So how much would be reasonable for that MacBook? We're both factoring in the fact that I also repaired his other MacBook by swapping its optical drive with a known working one, and fixing an issue with a bent metal support in his case.

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi