User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

iPhone 6+ iOS 9.1

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone 6+ iOS 9.1
surjones

2015-09-17, 12:12

I have 7 domains - 15 email accounts, and I HAD to get a new iPhone and am curious how to get all my email accounts from my MBP or iCloud to sync back to my iPhone where they originally were, and when I did a clean format for El Cap Beta, they synced from my iCloud to the MBP and I avoided having to set them up all manually.

TIA
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2015-09-17, 16:14

If you're restoring from an iCloud backup, the accounts should all be there and just work. Same with an iTunes backup. If you're setting up as a new device you'll have to add them all manually.
surjones

2015-09-17, 17:24

I do a iTunes back up - since It keeps telling me I have too much to store, and wants me to buy...not interested in buying storage. Anyway around this? In iCloud setting on the iPhone,. I have MAIL selected - still doesn't though
surjones

2015-09-17, 21:26

Okay - it's $.99 for 50gigs. LOL so I bought for the mean time. and then hit back up - says it has 6 hours remaining - apparently I've used 6.5 gigs. Cant find where all the data is, being that the Photos would be the larger portion and it's only 2.9 gigs.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2015-09-17, 21:43

I wouldn't be surprised if it was messages tbh. Photos sent in iMessages will be stored in there and that can really add up. iCloud backups take between 1 and 4 hours per GB of data to restore from, so yeah. It could take a while.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-09-18, 11:48

I forgot how much data Messages holds with those photos and videos sent.