Found a great deal, share it here!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Found a great deal, share it here!
Page 14 of 17 First Previous 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  Next Thread Tools
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-04-12, 14:25

DJ Hero 2 turntable bundle for PS3 is only $30 on Amazon. Get it while you can!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-15, 18:14

If you live in Canada, and like McDonald's, you can now buy large fries with Monopoly money.

It's true! And I'm not talking about Canadian dollars, either! Those jokes don't really make sense any more...

An interesting promotion.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2011-04-22, 06:24

There are a bunch of games from EA on sale. Apparently Zombie Jesus wants you to have a bunch of games for $0.99. I just picked up Madden & FIFA for my iPad. Dead Space is on sale (for iPhone and iPad) too.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-05-01, 22:51

Portal 2 is on sale at Amazon this week. $34.99 for PS3 and 360 and $29.99 for PC. If only PSN weren't down so I could actually activate my Steam copy. I wonder if Valve is doing something about that.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-05-03, 15:28

Amazon is now giving away both $50 Amazon credits and $20 Xbox Live credits (1600 points) with all Xbox purchases, even the $199 model. It's almost like getting an Xbox for $129, which is a pretty crazy deal.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2011-05-03, 15:42

AT&T currently has 16GB iPhone 4 refurbs for $99, or at least they did when I was checking my school's discount plans earlier. If you wanted one, better go check now!

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-05-03, 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Amazon is now giving away both $50 Amazon credits and $20 Xbox Live credits (1600 points) with all Xbox purchases, even the $199 model. It's almost like getting an Xbox for $129, which is a pretty crazy deal.
Damn you! What are you thinking posting nonsense like that.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-05-03, 15:59

Quote:
What?!? I don't need an Xbox but that's a damned good deal.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-05-03, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
AT&T currently has 16GB iPhone 4 refurbs for $99, or at least they did when I was checking my school's discount plans earlier. If you wanted one, better go check now!
That's odd...they've bumped them up $20 because they were going for $79 before. Those are the ones my sister and her husband got, and we couldn't believe how a $199 phone was only $79. Interesting. I wonder why they went up?
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2011-05-03, 16:39

Most likely because they saw how quickly they sold out last time so they knew the demand was there. It's an easy extra $20.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-05-03, 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
What?!? I don't need an Xbox but that's a damned good deal.
Yeah I don't need an Xbox either, but maybe after this PSN fiasco I do...

So if I link this deal up here - will it still give 'Nova the affiliate credit and give me the goodies?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...Id=1000678981#

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-05-03, 20:05

Quick guys, should I get the 250GB or the 4GB?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-03, 20:13

4GB.... but I don't own one yet.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-05-03, 20:18

Okay, I caved and got a 4GB one. I'll don't care much for the headset and I actually like the idea of having one with the matte finish over the glossy finish. If I get needy for HDD space (which I probably will) I'll find a 250GB sized drive to flash, or just buy an MS branded one with the credit (they're $85 on Amazon, less than the $100 it would have cost to upgrade upfront).

Looks like I'm heading back to the Xbox after this PSN fiasco - I'll prolly donate the PS3 to my parents as a BluRay player for their new 3D Bravia.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-03, 20:56

What's a good reason to get an Xbox if you're not a gamer? Is there a reason?

I got the PS3 for it's bluray and folding@home uses. Really. I do have a few games, but never really play them.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-05-04, 10:33

I set my 360 up as the output for my media server. It streams all of my movies, television shows, etc.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-04, 13:18

Well, I do have that with my PS3 already. Guess I can't really use that as justification to get one. Oh well, I was gonna try. Maybe some day I'll become a gamer.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2011-05-16, 10:43

Attention gamers who currently own $60: K-Mart is throwing in a free sub-$20 game and a $20 gaming coupon when you buy LA Noire. That's pretty much a brand-new game for $20, if you get some value out of the free game and coupon.

Attention poor bastards like me: GameStop is doing its Buy 2 Get 1 promo on used games again.

Both deals make for a great way to pick up some of the newly-dropped Wii Classics or whatever the hell they're calling the $20 Wii games.

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2011-05-27, 20:47

Your mileage may vary on this one. I just got back from Target with an Incase Book Jacket case for my first generation iPad. I only paid $12.48 for it, from their sometimes awesome clearance end cap. Only the blue ones were that price, though. The black ones were $34.98. Both were originally $49.99.

I love the case, and it's quite a bit nicer than my old Dollar Tree one. That case worked okay for transporting the iPad, but this one is a little more functional.

If you've not shopped Target clearance before, you should know that not every store has the same clearance pricing. Not even the same items get clearances at every store. Some stores are more active than others in clearing out merchandise.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-05, 16:37

App Store and iBooks cards are on sale for 20% off at Target this week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all Apple's "store" cards are basically the same, and you can use any card to buy whatever. In any case, stock up!

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-06-05, 17:53

Quote:
App Store and iBooks cards are on sale for 20% off at Target this week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all Apple's "store" cards are basically the same, and you can use any card to buy whatever. In any case, stock up!
That's a good deal. App store credit for me is like cash these days. I could use a nice $50 credit in my account just to burn through over the next couple of months.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-05, 17:58

I am not sure if they work on the Mac App Store, though. Anyone know?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-06-09, 14:59

Quote:
I picked up a couple $25 cards yesterday. I'll try them out and see.

I was pleasantly surprised when my Target RedCard gave me an additional 5% off. So I got $50 worth of iTunes credit for $38. That's 24% off. Not too shabby.

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-06-09, 17:24

Quote:
Credit (at least, currency credit) associated with your Apple ID will work in any store you use that ID for (both iOS and Mac App Stores, iBook store, etc.). Obviously, song credits (if you have any) will only work for songs.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-06-11, 15:28

I can confirm that these credits apply both to the iTunes store and to the MAS. They show up now as "Apple ID credit".
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-11, 16:46

Thanks everyone!

So if you buy a $50 iTunes card, you can redeem it in iTunes, but then also use the remainder of that card's balance to buy iBooks or apps? Or is it like Nintendo, where once you redeem the card in one store, all of its credit is tied to that store and you can't split one card between stores?

jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2011-06-11, 19:26

I believe that once it's in the pot, it's in the pot. So if you put your $50 iTunes card onto your account you can then buy Katy Perry's new song from iTunes, download Hipstamatic onto your iPhone and then purchase a few filters in the Hipstamatic app as well. Each purchase goes through your iTunes account so as long as there's credit there it'll draw from that. I assume the same principal works for iBooks, Mac App Store purchases and, coming soon, iNewstand subscriptions as well.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2011-06-13, 09:45

Yea, it's listed as an account balance (tied to your Apple ID), not a _____-store balance. I've read of people loading up on Apple cards at 10-15% off retail and banking it waiting for the release of FCP-X. Instant OS X software discount.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2011-06-20, 08:55

Freelance Mac Apps bundle. Contains 1Password, Billings, TextExpander, and more for $49.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-07-11, 19:08

Pangea iOS apps for Free. Until 8pm Central. Sorry for the short notice.