User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Anyone else having sudden, inexplicable mail push issues?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Anyone else having sudden, inexplicable mail push issues?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-12-20, 22:19

"Issues" as in "suddenly not working, after years of doing so?"

I keep two accounts on my iPhone...my primary .mac that I've had since the days of iTools. It actually works (thank goodness).

It's my other account, a Yahoo! one that I've had for ages that I use occasionally (Craigslist buying/selling, anything/anyone I don't want to have my real email, etc.).

Up until about a week or so ago, it would work fine. If I got something to that account, I had it set up to notify me (just like my iCloud mail). They both always worked. The Yahoo! one now isn't. I have to wake the phone up, go the Mail app and to the inbox. It's just not "pushing", even though "Push" is chosen in the Mail setup menu for that account.

I've deleted and reset the account up again from scratch, I've quit/restarted my iPhone, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this, either with Yahoo! or some other service (Gmail, etc.)?

Another "no rhyme or reason" issue that has reared its head, out of nowhere, where there wasn't a problem before.

Done some Googling, but not finding anything concrete or specific. A few people having this problem back in September or October, but mine's worked fine until just a few days ago. I'm not using any third-party/Yahoo standalone mail app either. Just the built-in iOS Mail app...my iCloud account set as my default/primary, my Yahoo! as my secondary. I've had it this way for years and years.

PS - If it seems like I'm posting here in Genius Bar more than ever before...no shit. I assure you, I'm not enjoying it or doing it for giggles. It's just that since iOS 8 and Yosemite, the wheels appear to have fallen off in some areas, and a boatload of things that used to "just work" now aren't. It's not my fault! I'm using the same phone, settings, etc.