Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

J-Lo, honey...slow down!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
J-Lo, honey...slow down!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-06, 10:10

Folks, we may have a new Elizabeth Taylor in the making.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html

She's younger than me, and is on her third one (might've been her fourth had she married ol' Ben and divorced him by winter, as I'd predicted).

All kidding aside, does she seem kinda marriage/wedding-crazed? She keeps getting married (which is a HUGE step and a thing to not lightly be entered) to guys she's known or dated for a short time. I don't give a shit WHO you are or what you believe, but, fact is, you simply do not know someone in that amount of time, and you go into these things - with the accompanying build-up and hype and it simply becomes about "the moment" rather than any notion of a true, lifelong commitment.

The cynic in me thinks "publicity hound" (any news is good news...as long as they're talking, right?), but could it go to more psychological/emotional-based shortcomings and holes?

I don't care if gay people get married all live long day. If two people are in love and devoted and they've been together for years and years, then marry your head off. I don't care. This kind of stuff - celebrities getting married and divorced as frequently as we visit the dentist - is 100x more offensive to me than any notion of gay marriage (which seems to get ALL the press and attention, meanwhile straight idiots like Lopez and others are doing more harm and mockery to the institution).

I mean, does anyone think this will last, and be "the one"? I really don't. And I'd wager that by Christmas 2004, we'll here stories about "tension in J-Lo's marriage" and "SHOCKING J-LO SPLIT!" (yeah, shocking to anyone over 7, I guess).

Do the math...at the rate she's going, by the time she hits Elizabeth Taylor's age, she will have had about 18-20 husbands.

Yikes...

Beautiful woman (can't sing worth a shit, but a natural beauty with a certain kind of charm, I suppose...oh, and a butt I'd eat cereal off of), but she's well on her way to being a professional punchline, I'm afraid.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-06, 12:52

The sanctity of marriage has gone out the window. And it's people like her (clebs. in particular) that are leading the way. Instead of having a normal and fulfilling dating relationship, they just go and get marred without even knowing each other. Her marriage to this guy will end just like the others.

It made me even more sick to see this share the front page with all the Ronald Regan coverage in this morning's paper.

Come waste your time with me
HOM
The Elder™

2004-06-06, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
It made me even more sick to see this share the front page with all the Ronald Regan coverage in this morning's paper.
Well, The Ol' Gipper was divorced too, so can we blame it all on him?

As for J-Ho, she's obviously got self esteem issues and needs a man to make her 'complete'.

In the end its our own fault for paying attention.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!

Last edited by HOM : 2004-06-06 at 13:12.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-06, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOM
In the end its our own fault for paying attention.
Right you are. That's what made me so sick, seeing that it was just as important as the death of a former president. Like him or not, that's way more of a big deal than J-Lo's marriage and impeding divorce.

Come waste your time with me
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-06-06, 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
...oh, and a butt I'd eat cereal off of
I can't let this thread go another post without congratulating you on this line.

Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-06, 19:19

^ that line reminded me of something somebody said at AI.com in relation to a shooting which involved J.Lo's boyfriend defending her honour after some guy commented on her "nice butt" or some such thing.

It went something along the lines of: "I'd take a bullet for a butt like that. C'mon, it couldn't hurt that much could it?"

All I want is a simple life
twitter
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2004-06-06, 21:04

i think jennifer is 33. with all due respect to her, miss taylor had just said goodbye to #4 (eddie fisher) and was married to #5 (richard burton) by then.
she has to step it up if she wants to catch liz.

liz also married better than jennifer.

way better actress too.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
EDS66

2004-06-06, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0

Folks, we may have a new Elizabeth Taylor in the making.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html

She's younger than me, and is on her third one (might've been her fourth had she married ol' Ben and divorced him by winter, as I'd predicted).

All kidding aside, does she seem kinda marriage/wedding-crazed? She keeps getting married (which is a HUGE step and a thing to not lightly be entered) to guys she's known or dated for a short time. I don't give a shit WHO you are or what you believe, but, fact is, you simply do not know someone in that amount of time, and you go into these things - with the accompanying build-up and hype and it simply becomes about "the moment" rather than any notion of a true, lifelong commitment.

The cynic in me thinks "publicity hound" (any news is good news...as long as they're talking, right?), but could it go to more psychological/emotional-based shortcomings and holes?

I don't care if gay people get married all live long day. If two people are in love and devoted and they've been together for years and years, then marry your head off. I don't care. This kind of stuff - celebrities getting married and divorced as frequently as we visit the dentist - is 100x more offensive to me than any notion of gay marriage (which seems to get ALL the press and attention, meanwhile straight idiots like Lopez and others are doing more harm and mockery to the institution).

I mean, does anyone think this will last, and be "the one"? I really don't. And I'd wager that by Christmas 2004, we'll here stories about "tension in J-Lo's marriage" and "SHOCKING J-LO SPLIT!" (yeah, shocking to anyone over 7, I guess).

Do the math...at the rate she's going, by the time she hits Elizabeth Taylor's age, she will have had about 18-20 husbands.

Yikes...

Beautiful woman (can't sing worth a shit, but a natural beauty with a certain kind of charm, I suppose...oh, and a butt I'd eat cereal off of), but she's well on her way to being a professional punchline, I'm afraid.
I envy your emoticon usage skill, Paul.
And...J-LO got a killer ass!!! I am thinking of basing an admin password based on her ass: jl0G1r@te