AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Forums down!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Forums down!!
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
jeastwood

2006-05-31, 14:41

Hi everyone,

Just a question that may point to something being wrong… or it may be nothing!

I just loaded up the forums in Safari and, once the page had loaded, a file called 'forums.applenova.com' downloaded to my Mac.

It's 4.3KB in size and seems to contain some PHP code for the front page. As I said it may be nothing, it's just never happened before for me.

Any ideas guys?

J.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-05-31, 15:22

so.....what happend? It looked kind-of like a hack. But nobody can hack an Xserve!
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-05-31, 15:24

Forums back!!

Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2006-05-31, 15:32

Ahhh! I was going to start a thread named: I got your search.php right here.
Then link to the file I have 200 copies of on my desktop.

But yea, what happened? Did Apple find the secret forum with all the good rumors?

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET

Last edited by Ebby : 2006-05-31 at 15:53.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-05-31, 15:39

No kidding,

iCraig

2006-05-31, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeastwood
Hi everyone,

Just a question that may point to something being wrong… or it may be nothing!

I just loaded up the forums in Safari and, once the page had loaded, a file called 'forums.applenova.com' downloaded to my Mac.

It's 4.3KB in size and seems to contain some PHP code for the front page. As I said it may be nothing, it's just never happened before for me.

Any ideas guys?

J.
Same thing happened for me on all browsers and friends using Interner Exploder on Windows.

Seems ok now though?
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-05-31, 15:46

Seems like all the pages are working except the main page...

There's some interesting stuff in the PHP script though:

Code:
// ### ALL DONE! SPIT OUT THE HTML AND LET'S GET OUTTA HERE... ###
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 15:47

yep. I've got 25 on my desktop now.
¡Damned!

2006-05-31, 16:27

Yes. Very strange. I keep getting the php download for the main forums page as well, and a WTF page at http://www.applenova.com/.
faramirtook
A for effort.

2006-05-31, 16:34

i keep getting the root and just a cannot connect.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 16:36

Brad, What did you do?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-31, 16:42

Someone email me a few of these downloaded files if you still have them.

removed

Thanks!
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 16:43

The php files?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-31, 16:45

Sure. Anything you got when the site was down.

I was out all afternoon and have no idea what happened (or that it happened at all).
RichieB

2006-05-31, 16:46

I am getting gibberish occasionally. Sample:

Quote:
array( 'FORUMDISPLAY', 'threadbit', 'threadbit_deleted', 'forumdisplay_announcement', 'forumhome_lastpostby', 'forumhome_forumbit_level1_post', 'forumhome_forumbit_level2_post', 'forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost', 'forumhome_forumbit_level2_nopost', 'forumhome_subforumbit_nopost', 'forumhome_subforumseparator_nopost', 'forumdisplay_loggedinuser', 'forumhome_moderator', 'forumdisplay_moderator', 'forumdisplay_sortarrow', 'forumhome_subforumbit_post', 'forumhome_subforumseparator_post', 'forumrules', 'threadadmin_imod_menu_thread', ) ); // ####################### PRE-BACK-END ACTIONS ########################## function exec_postvar_call_back() { global $vbulletin; $vbulletin->input->clean_array_gpc('r', array( 'forumid' => TYPE_STR, )); // jump from forumjump switch ($vbulletin->GPC['forumid']) { case 'search': $goto = 'search'; break; case 'pm': $goto = 'private'; break; case 'wol': $goto = 'online'; break; case 'cp': $goto = 'usercp'; break; case 'subs': $goto = 'subscription'; break; case 'home': case '-1': $goto = $vbulletin->options['forumhome']; break; } // intval() forumid since having text in it is not expected anywhere else and it can't be "cleaned" a second time $vbulletin->GPC['forumid'] = intval($vbulletin->GPC['forumid']); if ($goto != '') { if (!empty($vbulletin->session->vars['sessionurl_js'])) { exec_header_redirect("$goto.php?" . $vbulletin->session->vars['sessionurl_js']); } else { exec_header_redirect("$goto.php"); } } // end forumjump redirects } // ######################### REQUIRE BACK-END ############################ require_once('./global.php'); require_once(DIR . '/includes/functions_forumlist.php'); require_once(DIR . '/includes/functions_bigthree.php'); require_once(DIR . '/includes/functions_forumdisplay.php'); // ################################################## ##################### // ######################## START MAIN SCRIPT ############################ // ################################################## ##################### ($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('forumdisplay_start')) ? eval($hook) : false; // ############################### start mark forums read ############################### if ($_REQUEST['do'] == 'markread') { if (!$foruminfo['forumid']) { if ($vbulletin->userinfo['userid']) { // init user data manager $userdata =&
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 17:35

So Brad, what went wrong?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-31, 17:37

No clue.

It was a server problem beyond our local scope.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-05-31, 17:41

*ahems*

It was my fault. I'm sorry, everyone.

I was reinstalling a clean version of Quicktime. When I opened my FF, and went to Applenova, I got a dialog to download a php file.

So I guess my installation mocked everything up.

I'm really sorry. How can I make it up?

Edit= In seriouisness, I'm still getting prompt to download php files if I hit the VTP or VNP link.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 17:43

Donate $19,999,999 to applenova.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-05-31, 17:45

Seems like the administration is on top of things... [chant]go Brad go Brad go Brad go Brad[/chant]
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-31, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana
Edit= In seriouisness, I'm still getting prompt to download php files if I hit the VTP or VNP link.
Clear your browser cache. Still an issue?
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 17:51

Something weird is going on here.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-31, 18:05

Anyone who is still getting PHP code (or any other weirdness) when you access a URL or link, first clear your cache and then if you still get the code, send a copy to my email address above.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-05-31, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Someone email me a few of these downloaded files if you still have them.

removed

Thanks!
You may not want to post your email address verbatim on the internet without at-sign modification, that is unless you enjoy spam.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 18:14

whiner who can't change his user title lol
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-31, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
You may not want to post your email address verbatim on the internet without at-sign modification, that is unless you enjoy spam.
I'm well aware of how search bots work. I don't intend to leave it up there forever.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 18:53

Brad, it works fine in Safari now, but Camino is still giving me the crap that I emailed to you.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-31, 19:02

Even after clearing your cache? And restarting the browser?
Stone Of Love
Veteran Member

Location: Detroit City is the place to be...maddog town gonna set you free
Send a message via AIM to Stone Of Love  
2006-05-31, 19:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Even after clearing your cache? And restarting the browser?

Clearing the cache was all I had to do with Firefox. Got in with Safari to figure out what was going on. (don't use safari much at all)

I did not save any of the files that downloaded, or tried to.

Different Strokes, for Different Folks.
And So On and So On, and Skoobie Doobie Doobie.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2006-05-31, 19:17

Camino is still no good...

Edit: I restarted Camino again, caches, and still no good. Downloads the crap file.

Last edited by PKIDelirium : 2006-05-31 at 19:25.