Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Mac OSX Yosemite (10.10) Thread
Page 10 of 10 First Previous 6 7 8 9 [10]  Thread Tools
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2015-04-11, 06:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So how do you remove photos from your camera roll after they've been imported? I'm trying to like Photos here but not figuring out most of what I should be doing with it.
There's a check box in the upper right corner.

Photos.app by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-04-11, 13:37

I'll try playing with it again but I didn't see where I would let you if they were already imported due to Photo Stream. I never did notice that check box before though.

Edit: So the photo and video taken with my iPhone didn't show up in my photos in Photos. I was able to see it in my Photo Stream on my iPad. I ended up doing the import in Photos anyway, but I would have expected that the image would have been downloaded from the Photo Stream but it didn't for some reason.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2015-04-11 at 14:07.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-04-11, 13:43

So I moved my Photos library to a HDD on my MBP off of the system SSD. This created and interesting issue where I couldn't see my Photo Stream and such. If you plan to move your library like I did, you'll need to designate the new library location as your system library:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2015-04-11, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I'll try playing with it again but I didn't see where I would let you if they were already imported due to Photo Stream. I never did notice that check box before though.

Edit: So the photo and video taken with my iPhone didn't show up in my photos in Photos. I was able to see it in my Photo Stream on my iPad. I ended up doing the import in Photos anyway, but I would have expected that the image would have been downloaded from the Photo Stream but it didn't for some reason.
I believe you need to update iTunes to 12.1.2 in order for iPhone stuff to sync with Photos. No idea what iTunes has to do with it, but apparently that is the case.

Edit: I guess that's just for syncing via iTunes, not iCloud.