Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

F*ck Timer Warner/Road Runner

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
F*ck Timer Warner/Road Runner
HOM
The Elder™

2004-11-18, 22:24

For the last two weeks my internet connection has been flakey at best. It will go down for hours at a time, or slow to a crawl. Restart the modem, restart the router, restart the computer, none of it fucking works.

So I call tech non-support. They have me go through all the stupid steps like cleaning out my cache. What's that gonna do? Fucking nothing!

Sometimes I need to load a site 6 times before it actually will show up in any browser. Safari, Firefox, IE, whatever, they all refuse to work. My download speeds are a fucking joke and forget about uploading anything. It took me 10 minutes to upload a 50k picture today!

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-11-18, 22:28

Cancel? Start ripping people new ones? Make sure you get someone who is higher up on the totem-pole than your typical support drone.

Good luck.
iBrowse

2004-11-18, 22:31

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=22823
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-11-18, 22:34

I've been having network issues for a few weeks... seems like DHCP is getting reassigned to an internal address instead of the correct setting from my Cablemodem and ISP.

The Apple discussion lists have 6 or 7 threads detailing similar symptoms with IP/DHCP resets, and many complaints of Mail SMTP unreachable or Safari hang...

Most of these folks share in common the 10.3.5 update and the 9/30 Security Update.
Few users on 10.3.4 or without the subsequent updates are reporting these issues,
but it also seems limited to Airport, DSL/Cablemodem connections with routers and/or DHCP.

Hopefully, a patch will ship... otherwise, I'm seriously considering going back to 10.3.4

And yes, I made similar comments in the "10.3.6 out in SU" thread before this one existed.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2004-11-18, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousuburb
I've been having network issues for a few weeks... seems like DHCP is getting reassigned to an internal address instead of the correct setting from my Cablemodem and ISP.

The Apple discussion lists have 6 or 7 threads detailing similar symptoms with IP/DHCP resets, and many complaints of Mail SMTP unreachable or Safari hang...

Most of these folks share in common the 10.3.5 update and the 9/30 Security Update.
Few users on 10.3.4 or without the subsequent updates are reporting these issues,
but it also seems limited to Airport, DSL/Cablemodem connections with routers and/or DHCP.

Hopefully, a patch will ship... otherwise, I'm seriously considering going back to 10.3.4

And yes, I made similar comments in the "10.3.6 out in SU" thread before this one existed.
Are you on airport? I had to get my AE card replaced after I tried everything else. It was damned frustrating.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-11-19, 00:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
Are you on airport? I had to get my AE card replaced after I tried everything else. It was damned frustrating.
nope... hardwired Cat5 to the cablemodem. no router.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-11-19, 02:06

Time Warner has been dropping the ball in SouthEastern Wisconsin lately. I got to Marquette University, probably one of Time Warners larger subscribers in the area, and we have been getting sh*t for internet lately. Seems like whenever it rains, there's no internet, and when Halo 2 came out, it was down for 2 days, its just getting downright ridiculous. At home, like 20 miles away, Time Warner isn't doing much better, they keep disconnecting the internet without actually disconnecting my modem. The modem indicates that it is still connected to their network, however I get no signal at all. It's really driving me nuts, if there was a suitable alternative around here I would switch, but there isn't, plus I get a discount on TW.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
psgamer0921

2004-11-19, 22:01

Wow, RoadRunner in Greensboro, NC has been great for the past few months!