User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Watcha Listening To? Revolution Edition.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Watcha Listening To? Revolution Edition.
Page 64 of 64 First Previous 60 61 62 63 [64]  Thread Tools
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-06-08, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I'd just ask in here.

What is a good way to convert an M4P file from iTunes do an MP3? I want to put a song on a microSD card for an anniversary present to my wife.
What device are you plugging the stick into that won’t play the iTunes files? An older car or something?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-06-08, 13:38

If they are protected then you would need to download them from Music as a converted version. If they are from a subscription then you would have to buy them first.

There are hacks and ways around it, but generally that is playing then and then recoding/capturing the output. This gets into legal concerns... like piracy and such.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2023-06-08, 13:53

I had a handful of songs/albums that were bought from Apple years ago in .m4p format that started nagging me with the 'not authorized' after juggling machines. So I did what any normal person would do and set out on a small trip sailing the High Seas. I paid for them, I want to play them. Fuck all that hoop-jumping.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-06-08, 14:09

Personally, I'm with you on that one.

Thankfully for me any song I bought through iTunes was able to be stripped of DRM with iTunes in the Cloud. I think there is still something like that with the Music subscription, but it only works on songs you paid for, not ones that are played with the subscription.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2023-06-08, 14:11

The card goes into this clock device. Says it only plays MP3 files.

I purchased the song already to try and make it easier. It says AAC file available, but when you go look at where the file downloaded to, it still shows as a M4P file. I saw a couple webpages where you can load the file and convert it but they all reject it because it says it's protected.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2023-06-08, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Personally, I'm with you on that one.

Thankfully for me any song I bought through iTunes was able to be stripped of DRM with iTunes in the Cloud. I think there is still something like that with the Music subscription, but it only works on songs you paid for, not ones that are played with the subscription.
I have iTunes Match so I should be able to do that. How do you go about that?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-06-08, 14:21

On a computer that doesn't have it downloaded you right click on the song in Music and download to the local computer.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2023-06-08, 14:23

Ah ok. I'll have to do it from my MBP later then. Didn't realize you couldn't do it from the same computer you bought/downloaded it from.

@yontsey
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-06-08, 14:27

Well, you can, but you have to delete the file from it first. Not delete from Music, just the actual file.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2023-06-08, 17:54

Just be careful about that, in case the songs are no longer available. I have a few that cannot be downloaded anymore for example.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-06-08, 19:49

Oh... I hadn't thought of that. Does that apply if you uploaded the song via iTunes Match? It seems like they would keep a copy of it for you.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2023-06-08, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Does that apply if you uploaded the song via iTunes Match?
No idea, don't use it.
¡Damned!

2024-03-21, 14:28

Oi Vey. I need to remedy this thread not being updated in a long while. Out of many, the two records heaviest in rotation right now at chez709 are:

IDLES - Tangk
Yves Tumor - Praise a Lord Who Chews but Which Does Not Consume; (Or Simply, Hot Between Worlds)

Both are eminently relistenable.

There's been so much great music put out in the last couple of years that I'm still playing a lot of catch-up, but I'm working on it.

[edit: imma add links]

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2024-03-21 at 15:18.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-03-21, 18:36

Still on a ferocious 60’s soul kick, so I’m wearing out any and all Stax Records artists and albums on Apple Music, primarily Otis Redding. I’ve always preferred/enjoyed Stax more than Motown. A little bluesier, rawer and funkier, IMO. AND just down the road from me in Memphis. Regional pride? Detroit may as well be in another solar system! I love the instrumentation, the bass and guitar, the horns, etc. just happy, good music. It seems more stripped now and not as good ntricately arranged/produced as some of the late-60’s Motown stuff, which I also love as well. Ain’t nothing like a good Stax or Motown bass line running through a song, all cool and pulsing. Those guys were the players and those hooks/grooves will outlive us all!
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2024-03-21, 19:16

I, sadly, rarely listen to music anymore. Usually only when I lift weights. Either some old workout playlists I've put together or 90s Rap, 90s Alternative, or Emo on Pandora. Almost exclusively podcasts with some audible books mixed in.

@yontsey
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-03-21, 20:14

I went through a period where I didn’t either. Apple Music kinda changed that. Havingbeveryrgingvavailablevto me, including comedy albums, is awesome. I don’t listen to any modern output, really. Just can’t get into the sample, Autotune and skanks crooning about their pussies, so there you go. 50’s, 60’s and 70’s, all genres, isn’t wheelhouse/comfort zone. Real guitars, drums, pianos and organs, etc. Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry, buddy Holly, rockabilly, early 60’s surf/hot-rod/garage stuff, 60’s British Invasion, 70’s crunch, funk and disco. I’ll go from KISS to Chic and not think twice, then all the great 80’s stuff I loved to listen to/learn/play as a teen…Duran Duran, INXS (anyone from Australia, really ), all the early .89’s crazy one-hit Usk/NTV stuff (Nadness, Bow wow wow, any music in a John Hughes movie, Stray Cats, Devo, Big Country (their songs made me wanna put on a kilt, grab a broad sword and tear shit up). I felt so proud to be 1/4 Scottish and I fell off in the 90’s (CollectivevSoul, Sheryl Crow, Everclear, etc. is that last modern/current stuff I remember listening to/liking. I love listening to comedy/standup albums as I go to sleep. Hard to have nightmares when you drift off chuckling…Richard Pryor, David Spade, Tom Papa, Brian Regan or his brother Dennis, Dennis Miller, Paul Mooney, Redd Foxx, Nate Bargatze, Lewis Black, Patton Oswalt (probably my favorite of all), etc.