Digital Camera Chat
Page 114 of 114 First Previous 110 111 112 113 [114]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-08-13, 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I was impressed that Crumpler still manufacture that particular bag. It must be one of their original products? I wonder how many color combos they've offered down through the years. That green bag with orange piping and blue interior is really loud

Mine is more muted on the outside though bright on the inside.

That is my XT with 100mm mounted, 70-300mm on the left and my kit 18-55mm in the middle. My bag also has the flash pocket on the side. If I'm out and about and won't likely need the Speedlite I'll use the pocket for other things.

The reality is that has held up amazingly well for +17 years of use. I'm thrilled with it and glad I could tolerate the colors of mine!

Edit: I just looked at the current version and I don't like it anywhere near as much as mine. While I don't have the pad for my strap, I do have better pockets and I like the handle on top. I also have loops on each side for attaching/hanging things.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2023-08-13 at 19:30.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2023-08-19, 07:15

OMG, they might have the worst website I've visited in a long time. Do they actually want to sell any bags. I remember these. An old colleague used to carry a full canon kit in one while working as a staff photographer - one of the "Million Dollar Home" range. Maybe a 7 or 8? Carried a lot of stuff and was damn near indestructible.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-08-19, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
OMG, they might have the worst website I've visited in a long time. Do they actually want to sell any bags.
Off-topic (click to toggle):
I hadn't heard of this brand before the earlier posts, but after your comment, I knew I had to go look at their website.

https://www.crumpler.com
https://www.crumpler.com/shop
https://www.crumpler.com/disco-shift/
https://www.crumpler.com/bag-glory

OMG is right. This feels like an alternate universe fever dream, like this is what a web developer in 1998 thought the internet would be like in another 25 years.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-08-19, 14:11

DISCO SHIFT!!

What night is it actually on??!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-08-19, 16:04

Yeah, their site is hideous for sure. I picked my bag up from a local camera shop in Norfolk (long since closed) so I never checked the out online before.

The idea of watching them build a bag is... interesting. Given their site, my expectations would be REALLY low.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-08-19, 18:51

I'm sorry, but the 4th link in Brad's off-topic post is entirely hilarious. One of the old founders took the company back? While trying to scroll that page the zipper moved. WTF kind of page design is that? I love it! 🤣🤣🤣

drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-08-30, 07:17

How do people shop for flashes these days?

I was served an ad, so apparently that's my next accessory? I will resist, but I'm curious about how people do it now. It seems that only rich people and chumps pick the manufacturer's hardware?

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-08-30, 14:54

Flash have become crazy expensive in the last 10 years. A top of the line flash from Nikon was $300 when I got one in 2008. The last one they released was $800. Now Nikon doesn’t even make flashes anymore, because of low sales. Gee, they had trouble selling a $50 light bulb with a $25 radio controller on it for $800, shocked, shocked am I!

I just keep using my old sub $400 flashes on new cameras, they work fine. Just find a nice used flash from your OEM. There are tons of cheap flashes, but as to the quality of them electronically, who knows.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-08-30, 21:47

I am definitely not ready for the requirements of the Godox Luc Senior Retro flash, but golly it's keen!

https://www.thephoblographer.com/202...-flash-review/

drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-10-07, 10:07

These climbing rope camera straps are pretty dope!

https://www.tuenne.com/products/rope-camera-straps

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-10-07, 18:17

That is one large rope. Haven't worn a DSLR for all day shooting that also doesn't look comfortable to wear at all. It might surprise me, but it looks like it would rub wrong compared to a simple strap, let alone a nice padded one.

Leenaa
BANNED
I am a filthy spammer.

2023-11-06, 01:57

It's disappointing that the show hasn't lived up to expectations so far, especially for those hoping to see some exciting developments in full-frame DSLR sensors or innovative large sensor mirrorless cameras.