User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Why isn't there apple news on the home page?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Why isn't there apple news on the home page?
Zodiac
Shiny, Musky, Fleshy Member

2004-06-08, 21:14

There has been tons of it lately and none of it is making it to the front page. It's still the revolution news. And that hasn't been updated either.

Founder of the Applenova Folding Team
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-08, 21:43

I have been talking about it with Locash on ichat. He said that he is thinking about it but, probably won't happen. There already tons of apple news sights that the stress which comes with it is to him unneccesary( stupid IE doesn't have spell check ). He doesn't know for sure. I am sure he will keep you guys updated.

giggity
Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-06-08, 21:56

Perhaps not "news" per se, but something different than what is currently there, I hope. There certainly had been some discussion of something more - and different - coming. I understand Brad's anger, but I am not sure the poetry is necessary anymore.

In any case, we need to show some patience. This place was created in a big hurry, before it was ready, and those involved have done plenty to make it pretty good already.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-08, 22:21

Well, since there are already about 718 Mac news sites on the web, I have no interest in this place becoming another one. What I WOULD dig seeing would be op-eds and editorials and responses - either serious or funny - written to RESPOND to the news of the day (or trends, product releases, keynotes, etc.).

More of a commentary angle than actual "reporting", which is handled quite nicely by all the big existing players (macminute, maccentral, macnn, macworld, etc.).
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-06-08, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
Well, since there are already about 718 Mac news sites on the web, I have no interest in this place becoming another one. What I WOULD dig seeing would be op-eds and editorials and responses - either serious or funny - written to RESPOND to the news of the day (or trends, product releases, keynotes, etc.).

More of a commentary angle than actual "reporting", which is handled quite nicely by all the big existing players (macminute, maccentral, macnn, macworld, etc.).
Good idea!
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-06-09, 02:09

Hmmm...Something fun, along the lines of ATAT? Sounds cool.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-09, 05:49

The primary reason we are doing very little with the front page is because this site isn't really ready to be publishing right now. We were nowhere near ready to launch this site three weeks ago, and back then we certainly weren't three weeks away from launching anything.

We're modifying our content management system to integrate it with the vBulletin user database so that you people don't have to register another account. Once this happens, we can give users the ability to submit stories, designate certain people as editors and publishers, etceteras.

Basically, We do want to do something with it, but we are not technically ready to implement it yet, and I'm not going to implement it until it's 100%.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-09, 06:42

All good things take time LoCash and I, for one, can wait.

The boards are looking pretty smooth and there is finally a "decent" amount of traffic and a variety topics to discuss.

It will be ready when it's ready!

All I want is a simple life
twitter

Last edited by Mac+ : 2004-06-09 at 06:52.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-06-09, 08:02

If each of the 200 members started *one* thread over the next few weeks, we'd have lots *more* to discuss.

I often think of thread topics while I'm driving around town - from things I see going on, or topics I hear on the radio. Mostly, the newspaper is a great source of ideas. Offbeat topics are always interesting, imo; and the paper almost always has at least one sorta weird story to report.

It's *every* member's job to help make this site a worthwhile place to visit. So I think every member should consider starting at least one thread over the next month or so. That gives people plenty of time to mull stuff over and come up with something interesting. Yes? No?