User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Has that sentence ever been spoken by anyone before?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Has that sentence ever been spoken by anyone before?
murbot
Hoonigan

2012-04-04, 15:29

I always wonder this to myself but have never asked anyone about it before. Sometimes I say something that strikes me as unique and I wonder to myself whether or not any other human on earth has ever uttered the same exact sentence at any time in history.

I can't think of any past examples, but there have been plenty. Today's isn't spectacular but I'll get the ball rolling.

I've fasted unintentionally the past 2 days straight through to supper time, due to being bent over work-wise and having to skip lunch. I was starving today and ended up with almost a 2 hour lunch break. So I bought a pack of chicken wings on the way home and baked up 14 of the bastards, along with some Frank's hot sauce with melted butter to bathe them in. After eating, while throwing the baking tray and dishes into the sink for my wife to clean when she gets home, I said to myself "mmmm... fuck, I needed that 14 wing lunch to get my shit straightened out".

I wonder if anyone has ever said that exact sentence at any time in history. It's kind of unique. I wonder what the odds are.

Anyone else ever think this? Or am I just weird?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-04-04, 18:04

It all depends on whether you'll allow us to include the multiverse model.

Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-04-04, 18:33

I say weird things a lot of the time, but I blame it on the fact that I made it through high school on a steady diet of Monty Python and George Carlin.
¡Damned!

2012-04-04, 18:50

I've said the exact same thing, but with 12 wings.

So. Fucking. Close.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2012-04-04, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post

So. Fucking. Close.
Haha - I thought of posting that myself when I read it too.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2012-04-04, 19:16

Well you are weird.............But............................. ...
Chinney
Veteran Member

2012-04-04, 19:42

I often have thought of that with things my kids have said over the years.

"I couldn't sleep because a ladybug was bothering me."

(sobbing) "Mummy, Mummy....Daddy won't let me run with scissors."

etc.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
¡Damned!

2012-04-04, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
Haha - I thought of posting that myself when I read it too.

14 is a Canadian dozen, apparently.
murbot
Hoonigan

2012-04-04, 20:14

Quote:

So. Fucking. Close.

Maybe it is a canadian dozen. Come to think of it, I never cook only 12. 14 is the minimum I throw into a freezer bag when I'm dividing up a huge Costco pack.

Supper tonight was a crab-stuffed chicken breast, a hamburger patty, and a hotdog. I'm working through all the animals.

Maybe if I take out the garbage, sweep the floor, and put the kids to bed early, I can have a fish taco for a bedtime snack.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-04-04, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
Anyone else ever think this? Or am I just weird?
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

It's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2012-04-04, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
[...]

Maybe if I take out the garbage, sweep the floor, and put the kids to bed early, I can have a fish taco for a bedtime snack.
Wow, that sounds great. There probably are some around here who don't know how to do that. A few years back I think you did a step-by-step photo pictorial of making pizza. It would be nice if you could do the same thing for the fish taco.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
¡Damned!

2012-04-04, 22:25

Quote:
yOU LOCKED MY MOTHER FUCKING, THREAD FOR WHAT?
i Started a thread so ALL THe OSX on regular PC ideas would only be on one thread.
WELL FUCK YOU IM OUT
THINK SECRET SUCKS ANYWAY, after they got sued by aPPLE.

peace
WINNAR

Never again, and never before, in the history/future of anything.

1 million monkeys on 1 million iPads would type Shakespeare's collective works before typing this again.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2012-04-04, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
Wow, that sounds great. There probably are some around here who don't know how to do that. A few years back I think you did a step-by-step photo pictorial of making pizza. It would be nice if you could do the same thing for the fish taco.
¡Damned!

2012-04-04, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?
I've said this line to chicks a thousand times. Because I am drunk, mostly. I generally follow it with a one-eyebrow-raise, like I'm expecting an answer.

So it goes.
AWR
Veteran Member

2012-04-05, 01:25

Quote:
WINNAR....

1 million monkeys on 1 million iPads would type Shakespeare's collective works before typing this again.
I like this one.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-04-05, 10:52

As sure as the sweet bromides nestled lovingly into her ears, so too did the tapeworm perforate her intestinal wall. It was only a matter of time before she would realize the connection, but then it would be too late, she would be dead.

Most sentences certainly aren't purely original, but people tend to be addressing specific subject matters that make the sentences literally unique. I have no doubt I have written and had published wholly new sentences...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-04-05, 13:13

I prefer the dark chocolate bromides, encased in a hard candy shell, sprinkled with cinnamon, and rubbed between the dusky breasts of a nubile college girl.
addabox
Veteran Member

2012-04-05, 15:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
As sure as the sweet bromides nestled lovingly into her ears, so too did the tapeworm perforate her intestinal wall. It was only a matter of time before she would realize the connection, but then it would be too late, she would be dead.

Most sentences certainly aren't purely original, but people tend to be addressing specific subject matters that make the sentences literally unique. I have no doubt I have written and had published wholly new sentences...
Yeah, one of the great things about language is that it's trivially easy, despited billions of speakers and thousands of years, to say grammatically correct, even sensible things that no one has ever said, in any language, ever. And not just minor perturbations in word order or choice, but all-but-gaurenteed unarticulated scenarios and concepts, of which there are no limit:

"We suddenly realized that the decision to apply the left-over mayonnaise as a topical analgesic was not only unwise but possibly ironic."

"No badger can withstand the blandishments of sufficiently motivated hypnotist."

"Despite the incident with the turpentine, Brenda resolved to continue seeking a way to negate her lingering resentments."

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2012-05-04, 20:18

I wish I had been the first person to ever say

"Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast."

But once a person hears it the only possibility is mass adoption. Therefore we should probably start a new thread called "the coolest phrases said by almost everyone at some point in their lives, and we still don't get tired of it".

...into the light of a dark black night.