User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iOS 5.1 made my 4S battery life a lot worse!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iOS 5.1 made my 4S battery life a lot worse!
BlueApple

2012-03-15, 04:22

I've heard lots of reports of battery problems with their 4S before, but mine didn't seem to be affected. Mine was okay.

After updating to iOS 5.1, the battery life became almost unusable! My 4S was fully charged before going to bed, I left it on the table with only alarm set. I woke up with 25% battery life left!

Siri was turned off. Location services was also off. But Notification was on for most Apple's own widgets, others were off though.

How could it drain my battery so quick! It must not be the hardware, since my 4S was fine before the iOS 5.1 update.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-03-15, 09:36

Honestly, I've noticed a similar thing. I'm on the 4, but it does seem to drain a little quicker since I put 5.1 on last week.
Partial
Stallion

2012-03-15, 14:16

No noticeable change for me. At 89% after being off charger for 9 hours :-/ Sorry guys.
Wrao
Yarp

2012-03-16, 17:20

Mine has been substantially better since the 5.1 update. Night and day difference really. Used to be just bout enough juice to get through a day, now I can get through two days comfortably. That being said, supposedly this has been happening to some users and I guess some people have had success essentially wiping their phones and starting over(obviously syncing all the data beforehand). Lame sort of problem and a lamer solution, but I guess that's been reported to help.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-03-17, 08:35

My iPhone 4 is getting killed battery wise since 5.1. I probably lose close to 25-30% over night while sleeping and 1% every couple minutes with even light use. My iPad 2 seems ok, but my iPhone is unacceptable right now.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2012-03-17, 11:51

No problems to report here (iPhone 4).
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-03-21, 09:03

It's weird, my iPhone 4 battery has seemed to fix itself. It's not draining nearly as fast anymore. I'm not complaining about that.
faramirtook
A for effort.

2012-04-06, 10:28

All I've noticed with 5.1 is an unbelievably aggressive autocorrect that will change correctly-spelled words to other words and also jump at any opportunity to correct a misspelling with a rogue capital letter to an Apple product, like iTMS or iLife or something.

Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink
For fellows whom it hurts to think
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-07, 17:57

Shocked no one has posted this yet, 5.1.1 is out now. Seems to fix a few bugs more than anything:
Quote:
About iOS 5.1.1 Software Update
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
I did OTA updating on my 4S and 1st Gen iPad with no issue at all. Haven't touched my wife's iPhone 4 yet, but I'm sure it'll be smooth too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2012-05-07, 18:28

My first iOS update. Sweet.
Mariongill

2012-05-28, 01:42

yeah Partial same condition here, One can avail only 5-6 hours battery back-up and can store 2GB data!!!! somebody suggest me????

thanks
MARION