User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Boot Camp is great, but it sure is a horrible experience.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Boot Camp is great, but it sure is a horrible experience.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-11-17, 18:20

Aw, man, I have installed Windows again and it is awful. I mean, just plain bad.

Update this, annoying little popups everywhere, security warnings etc.

IE7 crashes repeatedly. When you open a new tab, it tells you what tabs are in a proud voice, like we haven't been using fucking tabbed browsing for the last 4 years.

When you want to download a plugin like flash or realplayer, it subversively tries to get you to install some sort of Yahoo or Google IE bar, its all so horrible and tacky.

All over the place it just reaks of the user coming second, intrusiveness and a horrible time using the OS.

Boy am I glad I use OSX.

Oh, and Roboman- I have found a Windowz troller on another forum to rival your guy. This ones best argument is "ANYWAY, i Cant be bothered to win anothre OS Fight especially against u fanboiz who have nothing new to offer."

Needless to say, I didn't get involved!
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-11-17, 18:26

Hai Im Chuckr And All U Os-x Usars Suck Lawlz!! Mac Suckz111
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2006-11-17, 18:39

I know what you mean. My office laptop auto updated to IE7 the other day and it's just short of atrocious. Computing for dummies is what it's come to, and that was after about an hour of update downloads and reboots for them all to take.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-11-17, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Hai Im Chuckr And All U Os-x Usars Suck Lawlz!! Mac Suckz111
You missed a perfect opportunity to say this:

Quote:
Admit it! You're just a baby school, and I'm the big league chew!
washington mac user
can't read

2006-11-17, 19:05

OS X users do that too, and they are actually worse than windows users. Everybody here knows a lot about apple and macs, but hearing Windows sucks from someone who doesnt have a good explanation gets just as annoying as the windows users who say OS X sucks without a good explanation. And if you read a lot of news sites with forums afterwards, its all OS X and Linux users saying Microsoft sucks and its more annoying than what you guys just mentioned. Go on any forum site and there are only going to be OS X and Linux users talking shit about anything Microsoft does even if they do something well, thats why I dont even visit the forums or discussion boards relating to anything microsoft. There are hardly any windows users on the boards so basically everybody is talking shit amongst the people who use the same software so it becomes totally pointless to even write anything. They just get the pleasure out of talking shit about Microsoft no matter what it is. Thats another thing that pisses me off. Just letting you know there are plenty of OS X trollers that do the same thing you just mentioned Farenheit and chucker.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-11-17, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by washington mac user View Post
Just letting you know there are plenty of OS X trollers that do the same thing you just mentioned Farenheit and chucker.
Far be it for me to speak for Farenheit, but I think he and I are well aware of that.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-11-17, 22:17

washington mac user, I don't like you.
MSFT

2006-11-17, 23:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit View Post
IE7 crashes repeatedly. When you open a new tab, it tells you what tabs are in a proud voice, like we haven't been using fucking tabbed browsing for the last 4 years.
Yeah see, unlike you OS X users who have enjoyed Safari, the majority of Windows users have been stuck in 1995 with IE6. Besides, anyone who still uses IE is just stupid.
chucker

2006-11-17, 23:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSFT View Post
Yeah see, unlike you OS X users who have enjoyed Safari, the majority of Windows users have been stuck in 1995 with IE6. Besides, anyone who still uses IE is just stupid.
Thanks, I guess.

And IE 6 wasn't released until 2001, but whatever.
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2006-11-18, 00:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
My office laptop auto updated to IE7 the other day...
The IT folks at my job installed IE7 Blocker (or something like that) on all the office computers to prevent the update from taking place. Which was rather odd, since they set up a special demo computer running IE7 for a couple of weeks before the release date to give everyone a chance to familiarize themselves with the new browser.

"Virtually bursting with adequatulence."
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2006-11-18, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigVan View Post
The IT folks at my job installed IE7 Blocker (or something like that) on all the office computers to prevent the update from taking place. Which was rather odd, since they set up a special demo computer running IE7 for a couple of weeks before the release date to give everyone a chance to familiarize themselves with the new browser.
What the fuck, why?? What dimwit decided that was a good idea?

Let me guess, the corporate site employs IE6 hacks to make it work, which IE7 broke in a fit of standards compliance.

Oh, the joys of coding for Microsoft.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
SpecMode
Wait what

2006-11-19, 01:43

Y'know, this is one of those few (alright, many) times that I'm glad we still use Win2K for most of our work machines with Internet access - I have enough problems with our websites as it is, using the browser they were ostensibly designed for, IE6. I shudder to think of what it would be like if any significant portion of our machines were auto-updated to IE7...
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2006-11-19, 07:19

They've actually blocked IE7 to all campus residences because two online services we use don't work with them. I don't know if they never tested it or they just didn't have time to get it fully working. All the sites I'm responsible for at the school though were tested and working in all IE's when it came out because I'm so good with conditional comments