Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Boot Camp updated to 1.0.2
Quagmire
meh

2006-07-12, 11:48

Available on Apple's website.

Quote:
According to MacFixIt:
Apple has quietly released version 1.0.2 of its beta Boot Camp software for running Windows XP on Intel-based Macs.

Apple has provided no documentation regarding enhancements in this release. The disk image download itself has a modification date of July 10th (yesterday) at 9:17 AM, but the files therein -- including BootCampAssistant.pkg, the installer for the Boot Camp Assistant -- carries a modification date of June 19th.

The new release is available as a standalone download from Apple's Boot Camp page.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/publicbeta.html
mooty

2006-07-12, 14:14

do we think there could possibly be updated drivers for stuff like Graphics card? Is it possible in boot camp to just burn the driver CD ?
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-07-12, 14:18

Yeah how do bootcamp updates work? Do I have to remove my partition and reinstall everything with this update or do I even need to update?
mooty

2006-07-12, 15:52

bootcamp doesnt manage the working of windows after its installed. All it does is partition the hard drive and make sure windows boots from the CD when you install it. After that you can remove, or update bootcamp all you like...
hyperb0le

Send a message via AIM to hyperb0le  
2006-07-12, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooty
bootcamp doesnt manage the working of windows after its installed. All it does is partition the hard drive and make sure windows boots from the CD when you install it. After that you can remove, or update bootcamp all you like...
I'm pretty sure it's also at least responsible for the "Choose your OS" prompt you get. So, I don't think you can remove it...
mooty

2006-07-12, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperb0le
I'm pretty sure it's also at least responsible for the "Choose your OS" prompt you get. So, I don't think you can remove it...
isnt the ALT key holding what usually happens if you partition your disk anyway ? ie having two os x partitions so you can boot into (for whatever reason) two different os x's
mooty

2006-07-13, 02:20

Just to confirm, you can happily upgrade bootcamp to 1.0.2 without your Windows partition getting b0rked!

I know this, as I am posting from Windows after upgrading to BC 1.0.2
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-07-13, 07:22

How did you do that and are there any benefits?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-07-13, 08:44

You download the new dmg and install it, then burn the new drivers CD and install that inside Windows.
mooty

2006-07-13, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
You download the new dmg and install it, then burn the new drivers CD and install that inside Windows.
yeah what chucker says - however i didnt bother to re-install the drivers as after reading other forums it doesnt seem to have new drivers, so a pointless update for me. I was just trying to let people know that bootcamps existence once windows is installed is not necessary.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-07-13, 13:29

Well I didn't go through actually comparing version numbers of each driver package, which unfortunately enough nobody else apparently has done either.

However, I did read reports that the iSight blue screen no longer occurs. (The iSight still isn't supported, but Windows now simply gives an error message instead, whereas previously, it would occasionally crash into a blue screen when the iSight was accessed.)

Still hoping Apple will release a 1.1 with proper iSight support.
mooty

2006-07-13, 13:58

i've read people bashing on about mac pro support... who knows..?