User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Changing the color of an iBook?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Changing the color of an iBook?
zman2005

2005-03-21, 21:55

Is there a cover that looks good and can change the color, or is there any kinda of thing that can protect the ibook, especially the area where i type so it doesn't get dirty ever?
screensaver400
Veteran Member

2005-03-22, 00:16

Do I know of any case? No. You're probably thinking of something like the skins for the iPods; However, those won't work because the iBook has to open.

However, if you've got a huge budget, and want a permanent change, consider getting it painted by Colorware. http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/...x?configid=496

I have a Powerbook 12" that wouldn't mind that Ferrari shade. See how the colors look on the PBs... they're much better there.

As for the keyboard, I'd look at these: http://www.iskin.com/protouch_PB1.html
Koodari
Veteran Member

2005-03-22, 23:01

http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/tronbook/

Also google for creative terms like "ibook color remove paint" to find more projects like that.

This might be a really fun project, and I dig the looks. I don't intend to let my iBook out of warranty though.
zman2005

2005-03-23, 09:29

yea looks like white is goin to stay
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2005-03-23, 12:09

In principle you could put some Armor All or similar protectant on the surfaces you're most worried about getting dirty, but the spray versions will likely drip chemicals onto the MB (usually very bad), so most people would suggest spraying a cloth and wiping the surfaces only.

Rather than risk a chemical interaction, most people would recommend just wiping clean with a moistened cloth (as above... don't spray the 'Book, spray the cloth and wipe).

There are some keyboard skins which help prevent spills and crumbs from getting in between the keys, but most don't extend down onto the palmrest/trackpad area... you might find some that do if you search for 'keyboard skins/protectors''.