User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 22 of 28 First Previous 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-02-01, 21:53

I changed out the rest of the path that went South. I also changed the path though gerlocian's property too. I hope he doesn't mind even though he's not very active right now. We can remove/reroute it if he doesn't want it going through his land.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2015-02-04, 13:35

Anyone missing a horse? Found him wandering around my area:
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-02-04, 14:33

Ooooh, a saddle and everything. Wonder if that's Jess'. She ties them up and forgets about them sometimes.

Edit: Nope, not Jess'.

Last edited by kscherer : 2015-02-04 at 15:08.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2015-02-04, 17:36

If anyone cares to claim it, its in my corral
¡Damned!

2015-02-12, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I forgot to update this last week, but I'm finished smoothing and there's lot's of nice, build-able areas around the treefarm and subway station now.

I also did a little busywork while I was over there like fixing the chests in the CommEx and adding a level to the treefarm. I took out a level of spruce and added 2 acacia, plus some dark oak at the very top. So all the tree types are there now for public consumption. Also put a portal in at the CommEx.

Speaking of, the CommEx portal turned out to be directly S of the 'topia portal, so I tied the two together and made a little shortcut, plus added some portals to get to 3 of the 4 End Portal/Stronghold areas (the 4th is where JTA is working, so I'll wait to do that one) and put in a nicer, better portal at Skyranch. There's some other areas that I'd love to put portals to, but I'm waiting to see those people in-game.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-02-26, 12:13

Ok. So there's a big lighthouse out near the Library that I would like to modify just a touch. I recently built a lighthouse just North of my palace (between the palace and Jess' treehouse) and built in a revolving light, which looks pretty darned good. After a brief chat with Grey, we decided the light was too big for the other lighthouse and I decided not to pursue this request. However, since then I found another light on Youtube that is actually more compact externally (although much more complex internally). This light takes up less space and looks way better, plus it includes an optional daytime sensor to shut the light off automatically. I have already installed it in my build.

The whole kit will fit into the space at the top of the Library lighthouse with a bit of modification, and I will be gentle.

It's not my build, so I won't do a thing unless I get permission from the owner.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-02-28, 00:51

Pretty sure that's Robo's.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-02-28, 13:29

Thanks, Rowdy. I thought that was the case, but wasn't certain. I'll wait for Robo to chime in before anything happens.

Also, does anyone have one of those demon picks without the Silk Touch business they may want to part with? Perhaps a trade? Or as a loner?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
¡Damned!

2015-03-26, 19:38

I've set up a sand mine way out East past the Guardian Dropper (and the new Squid Trap). Far enough away where it can be lopped off if needed. I've set a portal up, but it's not tied into our nice hanging Nether system since it's meant to be temporary. Go to the path that connects the Mob Trap to the eastern portals and you'll see a sign and a ladder that gets you out there.

Actually, when you see this sign:

Code:
(N)------(NE) | | ---(YOU)--- | |
take a right.

There's some chests, a bed, Nether chest, etc. All public so use 'em if you need 'em.

Everything is fair game, but I'd say try to just continue my strip-mining technique Southward. If anything, tend towards South and East.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2015-03-26, 19:49

Also, small land request downtown. I'd like to set up a Fish 'n Chips stand next to bobsky's chicken cooker. Something small, on the water. Competition is good!

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-03-27, 11:02

Mmmm ... Fish & Chips. You gonna build a fish and tater fryer?

Woooo and Hoooo!

Do it!
¡Damned!

2015-03-27, 20:21

More a vendor-style stand than a proper shop, but yeah. Basically just stocked chests for the grabbing.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-03-27, 20:38

That should be and awesome addition to downtown. I say do it.
¡Damned!

2015-03-27, 20:51

It's just a fast and fun thing to do, really, especially since the Guardian Dropper has so much fish byproduct. I need momentary distractions from my 'big' projects to get recharged.

On that note, I'm making another claim: bobsky's place downtown. I'd like to turn it into a microbrewery. The place is pretty much built for it, and it would be nice to keep it intact while still getting some use out of it. Great location too - people can get wrecked with 10% micros then stumble over to the tavern for last-call shots and PBRs. Remember safe boating, people!

Name TBD. Tossing around Brewery Bobsky or Mad Scientist Micro. I'm open to suggestions.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-03-27, 21:04

I actually like the Mad Scientist Micro personally. I also love that idea. It would be very usable and a great use of the space too.
¡Damned!

2015-03-27, 21:19

I feel like I can do the place justice. Plus I didn't want it bulldozed when another equally legit claim for the land came up.

I was chatting with Whammer when I proposed it and we tossed around some pretty great ideas and beer names. Should be fun.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2015-03-27 at 21:38. Reason: commas are the enemy
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-03-28, 11:06

Who's this "Whammer" character you speak of?

¡Damned!

2015-04-16, 13:39

I'm finally back to a good place in the Museum Complex that I was at in TerraNova, so of course I'm switching projects.

Prepare your blocky anuses. Kaiju are real, and they are pissed.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-04-16, 21:32

WhatEVER.

We've heard this story before...

¡Damned!

2015-04-21, 21:13

We need to have a Tour Group Day. Like, I don't know, we can plan it here or just make a weekly day and time where everyone gets together and stays, "Come with me and check this out". There are so many things, that with the host present to answer questions or just show the way – it would be so much fun.

And it's not even like we need to see what's been built in the last week. How many of you have been to the CC desert? The Arena? Out to E's Kilimanjaro? A proper tour of Triskaidekatopia? Do you even know that we have devil fish off Drew's port bow? CC is a magical place.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-04-21, 21:22

I like's me it!

Sorry haven't been on to keep you company. Very busy right now.
¡Damned!

2015-04-21, 22:01

'sfine.

I'm on to Kaijus and that shit is hard. Except for the huge kaiju poop pile that will be draping Chez Drew. That will be easy schmeasy.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-04-22, 10:06

drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-04-22, 10:50

I remember minecraft!!
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2015-04-22, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
We need to have a Tour Group Day. Like, I don't know, we can plan it here or just make a weekly day and time where everyone gets together and stays, "Come with me and check this out". There are so many things, that with the host present to answer questions or just show the way – it would be so much fun.

And it's not even like we need to see what's been built in the last week. How many of you have been to the CC desert? The Arena? Out to E's Kilimanjaro? A proper tour of Triskaidekatopia? Do you even know that we have devil fish off Drew's port bow? CC is a magical place.
That ongoing money pit? Nothing but work.

If you start offering tours I may have to make a final decision on the clay Acacia tree murals on the wall. Seems to busy to me.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-04-24, 23:32

I'm up for doing tours and stuff too. While I haven't been on building as much as I'd like it, I have be on and off of it when no one else it on. I checked out the city Ken is building and climbed to the top of one of the towers too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2015-05-13, 21:46

Not sure, but this seems like the place to put this: Whoever built the guest houses on the lake near the Enterprise, THANK YOU. I've claimed the first house on the right, and I've already slept there a bunch of times.

I'll move out and build something on my own at some point, but right now I'm just exploring the server and gathering materials. It's so nice to have a temporary house to use & store stuff while I figure out what I want to do. Plus, I'm working on my building skills in single player so I don't build some n00b house on the server.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-05-13, 23:36

Didn't Brad build those?

Brad was a player who was active in the early days of our Minecraft world – not sure what happened to him.

He was okay, I guess.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2015-05-14, 07:57

I went out exploring last night and got stuck outside at night-time. Thought I'd be safe if I stuck to the lighted paths until a creeper snuck up behind me and blew up part of the bridge I was one. I survived easily, and I was carrying some cobblestone that I could repair the bridge with. I put back the torches I could find too, then decided to turn back toward home.

Ran across a spider on the way and dispatched it easily. I saw a couple more up on a sand ridge and got cocky. I went up to go after them, then a swarm of undead-looking people attacked me (WTF was that?) and as I was on the run, a skeleton shot me dead in the back.

Thank Brad for the houses, because I respawned back there and was able to run back and find all the gear I dropped. God, I love this game already.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-05-14, 10:16

Got a little taste, did ya?

Got a little taste?

Could I have a taste of that?

709, I forgot the taste! Been so long, now.

Can I have a taste?

Huh, huh, huh? Please?

Yeah, I remember Brad.

Didn't he wear sunglasses indoors?

Can I have a taste?