AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!
Page 10 of 25 First Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  Next Last Thread Tools
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-08-24, 19:12

Is something weird happening with the chest texture in the maps, by the way? I see a bright green top on a light blue block...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-24, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Is something weird happening with the chest texture in the maps, by the way? I see a bright green top on a light blue block...
This is an artifact of the map tool using old texture blocks.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-09-02, 22:34

Maps got updated today and are back in automation. 3AM and 3PM as usual. I do have a forced update running right now too.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-10-01, 00:39

Can I assume that Tekkit and the maps don't play well together? It's been a weird slice of the "old" map for a while now.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-10-01, 22:09

Right. They don't. Sad really.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-10-01, 23:28

Turtle, I think we can hand-draw the map.

Everybody scan in their own section and post it online.

T can stitch them together.

Problem solved!

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-10-02, 15:57

Jetpack+look down+screenshot = problem solved.
¡Damned!

2012-10-02, 18:24

S'true. If you take the old overhead map view at 100% and take a couple of screenshots and stitch them together you have a rough base. Then, fly around your area with a jetpack, do a bunch of Command-Shift-4's, take those into PS, crop the upper right map square, and resize to 111.5%. You'll be able to lay over the topographic maps over the flat one. It's neat.

Err, so I've heard.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-31, 21:03

LOVE the new map!!

Wait, never mind

Last edited by drewprops : 2013-03-31 at 21:04. Reason: Confusion
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-04-01, 20:30

Um, yeah. Since leaving vanilla/Bukkit we are likely not going to have maps anytime soon. I did see there was one option, but I haven't looked much into it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-05, 22:35

It's baaaack!

It's not automated just yet. But at least we have a good idea of what's going on. Later this weekend I'll automate it again. Enjoy!

Edit: Don't forget you can post signs like mentioned in the original post to designate things on the map. I might try to enable the "view" option again, not sure though. For now, we can stick with signs though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2013-07-05 at 23:21.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-06, 09:51

So I've automated it and the maps (and backups) now run four times a day. Since the early phases of a MC world we do a lot much faster I figure this is a good way to keep up. Backups run at 0250, 0850, 1450 and 2050. Maps run at 0300, 0900, 1500 and 2100.

As long as we don't bloat this world there should be no issues at all.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 10:48

Nice! Looks good. Thanks for working on making this happen again.

Also, egads! I didn't realize I was building that animal pen right on top of spawn. I'll have to look into moving it and putting down a spawn safe house instead.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 10:58

Quote:
Hidden Silverfish 11,154

Holy crap. That's one serious dungeon! Or do they randomly spawn everywhere now?

Quote:
Orange wool 54
TNT 9
Wait, what? Already?

I wonder if the tool is miscounting or misidentifying some blocks.

Not a problem. Just curious.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-06, 11:03

I saw that TNT too! I was going to ask. I actually forced another update that's processing right now. What you are seeing is from when the 3AM backups ran. We'll see what's there since in about 10 minutes.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 11:21

I know TNT spawns in desert temples, but I didn't see any on the map. Maybe they spawn somewhere else too?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-06, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I know TNT spawns in desert temples, but I didn't see any on the map. Maybe they spawn somewhere else too?
There is a temple! I should get on a raid it real quick too!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 11:51

Oh, THERE it is. Yep, that's the source of the orange wool and TNT.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2013-07-06, 12:36

Yeah that's the one that yielded the gold horse armor that was subsequently eaten by the Spawn area reset.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Yeah that's the one that yielded the gold horse armor that was subsequently eaten by the Spawn area reset.
OUCH. I could regen the area with the temple in it, but no idea if the temple would appear in the same place.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-19, 17:19

I'll never understand why this, the texture pack thread, and my poo log aren't stickies.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-09-02, 16:10

I dont know if anyone said anything yet, but the maps don't seem to be updating anymore.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-09-02, 19:51

I just found out that Beast was locked up. Thanks for letting me know. It's updating now.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-29, 14:50

Not a major issue, but it looks like the maps server has stopped updating over the last few days.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-09-29, 15:29

Thanks for noticing. It's updating now. My old automated processes for updating my home IP in the firewall and MySQL server aren't working like they used to. I'm going to make a fix to that with some scripting. Might even get it done tonight. Either way, I manually added the IP and new update in progress. The maps have been running, just not able to rsync the completed products up.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-10-06, 12:41

So the change in format seems to be having fun with my map generation. I'm running again right now, but I may have to delete all the maps and make it start fresh. Either way, if you see something off about the map, I know.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-10-06, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So the change in format seems to be having fun with my map generation. I'm running again right now, but I may have to delete all the maps and make it start fresh. Either way, if you see something off about the map, I know.
Wiping and starting over. Seems to be the best way now. I disabled the cron to run them automatically too since it's going to take a while to start over. The good part, you'll see the maps again instead of the maint page once it's done.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-10-06, 23:46

Glad to see your progress updates, T! If there's anything you need I can help with, just holla at ya boy.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-10-07, 07:42

Will do, thanks Brad. I admit this is going longer than I was expecting. I started the new maps at about 9:30PM and they are will running. Almost done with the 5th render and one more full one to go. I'll reenable the cron when I get home from work.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-10-07, 15:30

A short while later and the maps are back up:

Render time: 12 hours 56 minutes 42 seconds